Thread: a few UBCD questions(well probably lots)

Threaded View

a few UBCD questions(well probably lots)

hi all, finaly getting on the wagon and trying to make a UBCD disk.

I have downloaded the program and loaded it. I did it step by step from the tutorial.

I copied my xp disk to my desktop, did the thing with show hiden files and all that.

so to me the source file should be c:\windows\destop\xpcd I get a wrong file path.

when I copied the files from the xp disk I just copied and pasted the cd disk to the xp folder, so inside it made another folder called vx2hfpp_en(d) ( is that the correct way to do it).

in the tutorial it said you didnt have to dick with custom setting lest you know what your doing. I dont, so enough said.

output: wasent sure what to do their so I left it as it was (C:\UBCD4win\BartPe) in the drop down window it says BartPe .

the plug ins and build settings I just looked at, didnt understand fully whats exspected their, so just moved on to createw an iso image...

here it wants a file name, do I just make up a name with a .iso exstentioin or is it looking for a file path to the cd burner using the file name I choose?.

one more thing (well two) first, all I have on this rig rig is the windows burning program, I have an old version of NTI but its to old to recognise a cd/dvd combo drive so I didnt even bother to load it.

2ndly I have a partial load of another install of xp on this rig I havent dealt with yet(newbie going loopy thread) rocketmech has shown me the path to correcting this, but since Ive done all this ubcd stuff before I thought about the second install I am just currious would this have any bearing on the wrong file path issue.... Im thinking not. since every thing is where its supposed to be and i am booted into the working install of xp. as always your time thoughts and imput are valued.

regards, ward.
    Last edited by wardD; 09-08-2009 at 12:05 PM.