Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Odd question ...but....

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Deeply Dippy Werz ?

Dip don't dazzle JM.

I saw on a ye olde yankee mobile from back in the days of huge whale tails etc etc (Talkin' carz her not womenz ) They had a device on tha dash to sense on-coming headlights & that dipped for yas .......... Yeah I agree a daft idea, but it showed the right train of thought ........ The automatic gearbox was a brill idea (Tidied improved dramatically by Ze Germans) .............. A chum of mine has a Audi that samples the incoming cabin air ......... If it finds diesel fumes (Mainly) & other contaminents around it engages the recerc flaps ....... I'd love one O' them....... Prolly costs 50p fer the sensor & saves no end of ......... Cough cough cough, hack hack

Hey look

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk View Post
    ............ A chum of mine has a Audi that samples the incoming cabin air ......... If it finds diesel fumes (Mainly) & other contaminents around it engages the recerc flaps ....... I'd love one O' them....... Prolly costs 50p fer the sensor & saves no end of ......... Cough cough cough, hack hack
    What if you had a smoker in the car, the doors would lock and you'd never get out.

Quote Originally Posted by werz View Post
    What if you had a smoker in the car, the doors would lock and you'd never get out.
    I didn't used to smoke in tha car even when I was a 20 a day man ......... Odd innit, to show yas automobeele more respect than your lungs

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk View Post
    I didn't used to smoke in tha car even when I was a 20 a day man ......... Odd innit, to show yas automobeele more respect than your lungs
    Would have been to dangerous to put a naked flame anywhere near you, in a confined space after a curry, or one of the gastronomic concoctions you occasionally eat.

Too right ......... Them red coil cigar lighters were slightly safer tho

I bought a new '76 Olds Cutless way back when...First night I couldn't turn off the bright lights. The floor mat had a rubber coated hole for the foot operated dip switch...Took it back to the dealership and told em I had a factory defected car...

"Mr Jones, this is one of them thar fancy cars." He them proceeded to show me the switch on the turn signal...OUCH.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Steevo ............... RTFM