Thread: Setting up profiles on Vista...

Setting up profiles on Vista...

I have the main default account and then I created two additional profiles. So, now I have the default admin account, standard, and guest accounts. The problem is that I use this pc quite a bit for gaming, web design, and video production. My question is that which account should I do my work under? I've heard that I should never do everything under the default admin account. Should the second account I created remain standard or shoud I make it administrator?

Dell Inspiron 15, 7559 || Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz || Windows 10 Home || 16GHz DDR || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M || WD 1TB 7200, N.2 SSD 500GB

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Making a second account an admin is just the same as using the original first admin account.

Use the standard user account with limited access and no program install ability.

Seems like though that everytime I start an application in the standard profile, I have to install it. I'm like why do I have to install it when I already did that on the admin profile account.

???

- KAreem

Dell Inspiron 15, 7559 || Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz || Windows 10 Home || 16GHz DDR || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M || WD 1TB 7200, N.2 SSD 500GB