Thread: Keyboard not fully functioning

Keyboard not fully functioning

I have a Asus Z81K Laptop that someone spilled soda on the keyboard and let it dry up. I opened the keyboard up and cleaned underneath and cleaned the cable attached to the keyboard but still the alphabet on the keyboard will not work. All the F1, F2 etc keys work and the Caps Lock, Number Lock and Tabs work....Just the Alphabet doesn't work. What could be the problem???....that my keyboard only functions partially. I thought if the keyboard went out on me the whole thing would blow.......Please help me somebody

You can try cleaning it with hot tap water and mild soap then rinsing it with rubbing alcohol (90&#37. Let try for a day before reinstalling it. If that doesn't work , you need to Google for a used/new keyboard.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    New keyboards should be about $20 or so on ebay or you can plug in a USB external keyboard and use that instead.

Thanks....!!! I tried that last night but it didn't work. It did however after 18 hours start to work because it had completely dried out. GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!....Thank you both....for replying