Thread: MS Outlook

MS Outlook

I need some help in locating the folder that the emails are kept in, in MS Outlook. I have seacrhed and serached and haven't been able to find it.

Is there someone out there that can help me out? I would like to burn them to CD.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Are you using personal folders or not?

You can do a search for "inbox" and that should point you to exactly where they are stored.

Everything in MS Outlook (mail, contacts, calendar) is kept in a .pst file. To search for it, you have to include hidden files and folders in your search.
    Search for *.pst.
    To browse to the Outlook folder, where pst files are usually found, it will be necessary to make hidden files visible.
    Open My Computer, go to Tools on the menu bar > Folder Options > View tab.
    If you are just looking to save some particular folder (like Inbox), you can export that folder to a "comma separated value" file which can be opened in a spreadsheet. The second column will contain the body of the email. Clicking on it will enable you to read the entire message.
    You'll find that option on the FILE menu.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrobotto View Post
    I need some help in locating the folder that the emails are kept in, in MS Outlook. I have seacrhed and serached and haven't been able to find it.

Is there someone out there that can help me out? I would like to burn them to CD.
    I think outlook buries them under My documents-"your name"-office-outlook" or something close to that...

By default, your PST's will create in
    c:\documents and settings\[username]\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook