Thread: Beware of this refurbished monitor seller!

Beware of this refurbished monitor seller!

Against my better judgement I purchased a refurbished Samsung T260 monitor from an outfit that was posted on pricegrabber. com. The name of the web site is www.legendmicro.com. They were offering this monitor for $310 plus a shipping charge of $29 for a total of $339. Which is a good price given that the item was delivered in good working condition. It wasn't. First, the box was not a Samsung box, but one that was large enough to ship it in. When I opened the box it appeared to be a large box given the item and was padded with 2 foam rubber holders on either side of the monitor. Besides the monitor the box held a VGA connector cord and a power cord. No cd,no instruction manual of any kind, no USB cables for the USB ports on the back of the monitor to connect to the computer to enable its USB ports. I plugged in the power cord and connected the VGA interface cord to my PC. I powered the monitor on to see if it powred up and it did so I figured out how to use its menus and then tried to boot my system. The monitor did not last long enough for the PC to finish booting before its power light blinked out and it was DOA power wise. I checked the cords to make sure they were connected correctly and tried to reboot my system. No joy! Next, I plugged the Monitor into a different power receptacle and still it wouldn't power up. I tried plugging it into a different PC and powering it on and it still would not even power up. After numerous different attempts I came to the conclusion that the monitor truly was DOA. I tried to call the company and they had all gone home for the weekend. Naturally the item was delivered late in the day on a Friday. I left an email with their RMA department and waited to be contacted the following Monday. Monday morning as soon as I felt the company would be open for the day(they are in Ohio and I am in California) I called their RMA department. I explained that the product was DOA and I would like to return it for a refund. The company rep asked how I knew the product didn't work. I responded that after 30+ years as a computer engineer if I tell you a piece of HW does not function properly - it really doesn't function. I asked why there wasn't a CD and USB cables as were listed in the items included on the Samsung site and she replied that they did not include those items with refurbished items. I described my process to humor her and she said she would send me an RMA shipping label and oh by the way if they get the product back and it works they would charge me double shipping and a restocking charge. I said send me the label. I shipped the monitor back to them expecting a refund - my original shipping cost unbelievable as that sounds. About 10 days later I get a phone call from the company rep where she leaves a message saying the monitor worked on their test bench and I was going to pay double shipping and a 20% restocking fee! I called her back the next day and she repeated her comments. I basicially told her that the monitor did not work and I had a witness to that effect. She said that if I removed the negative review I left with price grabber she would refund the monitors cost - shipping my way. I agreed even though I felt they desired the honest 1 rating out of 5. The next business day, a Monday, she leaves a phone message saying the deal was off I did not give their company a 5 star rating. I had changed my rating to a 3, neutral. Once again I called her back. This time I recorded the conversation thinking it would go bad and I might need it for court purposes. Sure enough it did! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE TURKEY"S OR YOU ARE LIABLE TO END UP IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AS I SUSPECT I WILL HAVE TO TAKE THIS TO! This is definitely a switch and bate outfit. Once a again their WEB site is:
    www.legendmicro.com

a shame your daddy never taught you caveat emptor. If you think you're unique, you're sadly mistaken. Good word of advise, never buy from anyone online that isn't a respected seller. Same goes with ebay or craigslist, etc., et al. Sorry to hear about your issue, but you got what you sought...cheap ends to a means. By now you could've bought a brand new monitor...especially after small claims court.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Six-Month Rating: 6.79 on scale of 10
    Lifetime Rating: 4.94 on scale of 10
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Legend_Micro
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Greetz.

lol at the Vendor Verdict, i'll be lmfao if they happen onto this thread...

As you should of guessed, there's a reason why "Refurbished" products are cheaper..
    You always take the risk that they might work for awhile, but once they go bad you at least have a nice ornament for your bookshelf..