Thread: Home & Student Office 2007 - 3 at a time or ever?

Home & Student Office 2007 - 3 at a time or ever?

I know Home & Student Office 2007 only gives you 3 licenses, but is it 3 at a time or 3 ever? I'm thinking about going back to Windows XP Pro from Vista Business but I don't want to do that only to find out I can't put office on it.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    2 PCs at a the same time.

If you have 3 licenses, it is for simultaneous use. Meaning you can have it installed on 3 systems at a time.

Ok, so when I change my HD and load up XP Pro and then install Office 2007 is it going to give me trouble because I've already installed it on 3 machines, or does it somehow know that one of those "machines" (the machine I'm changing from Vista to XP) is no longer using it?

You'll have to reactivate, so it'll either work or not. The only place that might know you have multiple activations is at MS. It won't know that you uninstalled it. Worst case, activation fails and you have to request approval from MS.

Ultimate Member
    Per the MS web site, it can be installed on 3 devices ... see link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...655301033.aspx

Quote from link:

Can I install Office Home and Student 2007 on more than one device?

Yes, if you have purchased a retail license of Office Home and Student 2007. The retail license terms permit installation and use of Office Home and Student 2007 on three devices. For more information about determining what type of license you have purchased and to obtain an overview of your licensing agreement, visit the Microsoft Software License Terms (MSLT) for the 2007 Microsoft Office system.