Thread: InfoPath Forms 2007

InfoPath Forms 2007

I've been reading about Info Path 2007 and am excited about it's capabilities, however I'm not confident with my own capabilities to implement it.
    The documentation says I can use InfoPath and a server running InfoPath Forms Services. I'm stumped. I use GoDaddy to host my website. I'd like to use InfoPath Forms to allow my contractors to fill out forms however they will not have InfoPath on their computers. Given that I'm not sure how or if I can run InfoPath Forms Services on GoDaddy is InfoPath a realistic choice for me?

Introduction to InfoPath Forms Services

Overview of InfoPath Forms Services
    InfoPath Forms Services is a server technology that makes it possible for users to fill out InfoPath forms in a Web browser. Users don't have to have InfoPath installed on their computer to fill out this type of form, nor are they required to download anything extra from the Web. All they need is access to a browser, such as Windows Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
    Continued in the link above...
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Every mention of InfoPath Forms on the MS site that refers to users being able to use the form without having InfoPath Forms installed on their computer say that the creator of the form must "use InfoPath and a server running InfoPath Forms Services". That's where I'm stumped. I can't find any information on what it takes for me to run InfoPath Forms Services on my server.

It looks as if the quote below is my answer. Problem is that I don't understand this answer. I'm willing to do the research to set this up but I wonder if anyone can give me a quick answer - is this is something that I could set up and run on my own? I'm a one woman business with a basic to intermediate computer skills level.

"The InfoPath Forms Services technology is available in the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise CAL and also, separately, in Microsoft Office Forms Server 2007."