Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS3

4 44.44%
  • Xbox 360

5 55.56%

Thread: PS3 or XBox 360

PS3 or XBox 360

Not computer related, but it is gaming related.

My question is, which game system to get.

The PS3 or XBox 360? Both play almost the same games. But, I can get by without the ocassional game that 1 system has over the other. Besides, there is also my PC than more than likely would have the game.

For example: XBox 360 has Halo1 - 3.
    The PS3 has Killzone 1 & 2.

Just picked up the Nintendo Wii for my wife & daughter, and there are maybe only 10 games for it I would play.

got a bd player? ...ps3
    Both systems have their pros n cons...
    for me the ps3 was an easy way to game and watch bd.
    The hdd in the ps3 is completely upgradable to whatever 2.5" drive you want.
    Its still warranted as long as you keep the original intact in case of a repair you'll have to include the original drive.
    Here's a great article to give you a breakdown of both: http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstat...ne-year-later/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xbox 360 without a doubt, if your looking to play movies yes, the PS3 is a pretty expensive bluray player that’s about it (I can pick bluray player up for under 140 now by the way , the PS3 does not have the game library the Xbox 360, the online service the Xbox 360 has to offer is unmatched, offering Netflix streaming to your XBOX 360 in HD and Regular format (No need for a bluray player) HDD rentals, a huge library of games and DLC, PS3 dosent even come close to what the Xbox 360 live has to offer, and trust me the service is fantastic. I had a PS3 for 3 weeks and sold it, the online sucks, the games they have a merely just bad ports from the Xbox 360, yes the Xbox had its fair share of problems but have been corrected (the PS3 has had its own problems.

Bottom line is it go with the Xbox 360 for fun/Games/Online service/ mind you it costs you a few bucks a year but id rather pay for a service and have it ran right and not a free one that runs like muck. some links

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6191251/index.html
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

In my opinion the PS3 is better even though it is a little more expensive then the 360 it can do more such as play Blu-Ray. The Ps3 also has WiFi already built in so you dont have to buy any Wifi card. Also the Xbox live multiplayer costs a monthly subscription but the PS3 playstation network on line is free. Also they do make good games for the Ps3 such as metal gear solid and most games that come out now are for both platforms with the exception of some games.
    See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Its going to be very hard to get a honest answer from anyone who just owns a PS3 and who only owns an Xbox 360, Im sorry to say I have had both, and in all honesty Im not a fan boy nor am I close to it, The Xbox’s online service is by far one of the best, Offering Netflix streaming movies in full HDD, A huge library of downloadable content games add ons small games, community games, they also have a massive game library yes its way bigger than the PS3, remember most of the PS3 games have came out first on the Xbox 360 and have been ported, you can find graphics comparisons at GameStop or gamespy.com. Yes the PS3 has a bluray drive yay, you can look all over the net and you will find a vast amount of information on both systems, the bottom line is it comes down to personal choice, I wont recommend a system to you that I feel is not worth it and by far the Xbox 36 is the way to go. I could go on and on why you should, look for your self just do a Google on Xbox 360 Vs PS3, and don’t get cought up in the PS3/Xbox 360 Fan sites go look on gamespy or gamestop.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3

Oh and one more thing sorry to tell you MG is not just going to be one the PS3 any more

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ga...le_1384181.php
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3

In the event that I own both, I gotta say I use my Xbox 360 on a daily basis where as PS3 never sees any action. I own a seperate blu ray player and it is way better than the ps3. For one, the loading time for a blu ray on the ps3 is sooooo long. Why this is I have no clue, I have all the updates on the ps3. The quality on the blu ray player is slightly better and clearer. Its a sony as well.

While some games have slightly better details in the graphics on PS3 I gotta give it to the 360 hands down. The gaming library is better, the loading time is better, the graphics are usually equal, the accessory quality is better. I like the xbox controller alot more. And Xbox live is really what dominates. The playstation online still needs alot of work.

The playstations internal wifi is a plus along with the ability to upgrade it to a 1tB drive if you want to, but i dont need that and i prefer to be wired anyway.

While most of this is personal preferance, I do have to say I enjoy the xbox alot more.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCrusher View Post
    Oh and one more thing sorry to tell you MG is not just going to be one the PS3 any more

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/ga...le_1384181.php
    I'll believe it when I see it.. Or at least when a more reputable site like gamespot confirm that. But anywasy look at the date of that article, there would have been a more official announcement by now
    Considering how mgs2 & 3 weren;t smash hits on the xbox 1, I just dont 't see it.

Anyways Uncharted drakes fortune on the ps3 is a must have along with mgs4
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

I love my 360. Except of course the (2) red rings of death I've experienced. For that reason alone with its associated 6 weeks of combined downtime I'd say get a PS3. Other than the inferior "shaft-the-consumer" approach to marketing that Microsoft tends to follow I love the game library, the graphics, the feel of the controllers, Xbox live, etc.
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

only 2 wow,,,ive had 6, this new box I got I havent had a problem in a year yet I would still go with my xbox 360 over the PS3.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3

I bought the PS3 @ the end of Feb.
    Just might pick of the XBOX 360 also.

Quote Originally Posted by KraZy_SkitZy View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.. Or at least when a more reputable site like gamespot confirm that. But anywasy look at the date of that article, there would have been a more official announcement by now
    Considering how mgs2 & 3 weren;t smash hits on the xbox 1, I just dont 't see it.

Im sorry I did have to post this after watching E3

Microsoft also demonstrated some of its coming big games, including Forza Motorsport 3, the suspense-thriller Alan Wake and a new version of its biggest hit, Halo. Hideo Kojima, the Japanese developer behind the Metal Gear series, said that the next major installment in that franchise would be available for Xbox 360, a coup for Microsoft because previous Metal Gear games have been exclusive to Sony game machines

full storyhttp://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/technology/companies/02soft.html?ref=technology
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3

Quote Originally Posted by KraZy_SkitZy View Post

You see it now dont you
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3