Thread: Windows 7 Beta will not install

Windows 7 Beta will not install

I have a Toshiba Satellite w/Vista 32bit Home Premium with Service Pack 1.It is fully updated.It has 2GB memory with a 60GBHard Drive.As far as I know it has all of windows updates as all of my drivers updated too.I have burned Windows 7 ISO to a DVD.I partitioned 16GB for windows 7.But after the install gets to the copying system files, it stops and says that it cant not continue and all settings will revert back with no system changes.I can not figure out why it wont install on my pc? Any suggestions please?

The requirements are:

1GHz processor (32- or 64-bit)
    1GB of main memory
    16GB of available disk space
    Support for DX9 graphics with 128MB of memory (for the Aero interface)
    Since you're right on the edge, I'd guess you need more drive space.

Are you a pretty skilled pc tech and or is the machine you're using one that you can easily reinstall EVERYTHING? Cause Win 7 could kill the entire pc if you're not very carefull.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Why are you beta testing Windows 7 in the first place? You'll might have trouble finding proper drivers on a laptop.

If you want help, you need to give specifics. What model toshiba is it?

Some Toshibas have a "quick play" type partition, which has a linux boot sector. There is a good chance that is causing a problem with the 7 install.