Hey Guys,

Recently my laptop computer (Toshiba M45-S269, with an extra GB of RAM and updated HD), started seemingly rebooting at random. This would happen without warning and no BSOD almost like I unplugged and plugged back in the power connector. I noticed that the behavior seemed to be correlated to accessing the HD (certain folders). The HD is a Seagate Momentus 7200.2 120GB (SATA), roughly 8 months old. Going on this notion I attempted to check for errors using Windows built in disk checking utility launched from bootup (not within Windows). This did not complete as a reboot would occur. I hooked up the HD to my desktop as a slave and downloaded Seagate's diagnostic tools. I had access to all of my files without issue so I performed a backup. I ran every single test on the HD which all passed. I also ran Windows Disk Checking utility (including bad sector detection) which again passed. At this point I was thinking corrupt file system near some system files, or perhaps a pooched Windows installation. So I performed a full format (NTFS which it was initially). So that is where I am now, I am about to reinstall the HD into the laptop and reinstall Windows. Is it possible this was a software issue? Is it likely there is some other HW issue with my laptop (memory, SATA controller)? And recommendations of things to try? Thanks in advance.