Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Beta available Friday

Windows 7 Beta available Friday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And just in case you haven't been following its development, Paul Thurrott's Windows 7 website is its/his usual incredible resource.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feel like 1 in 2.5Mil lucky? Try the download: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e.../dd353205.aspx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm holding out hopes for windows7..I mean it's GOTTA be better then that flake of an OS called Vista...

Quote Originally Posted by mireland View Post
    I'm holding out hopes for windows7..I mean it's GOTTA be better then that flake of an OS called Vista...
    From all the reviews, it looks like it's very good. Some of the best in the business say it's what Vista SHOULD of been.
    One tester's been running it on a 1GHz with 512mb Ram and says it runs real smooth (I think that's what he said, maybe 1GB Ram, I'll check to make sure).

I've read on some forums people are guessing it's Vista with slight changes. Not even close. Vista was built on .net architecture. The Windows 7 Team COULD NOT use ANY .net Stuff.

Windows 7 is a whole new OS, from the ground up. It is very, very good. It will be the best OS ever made.

Macs and Linux users will be pissed off from jealousy. Although they will NEVER admit it.

Everything that was wrong with Vista is fixed in Windows 7. More Secure then Vista, WITHOUT the nags. If you dream of the best OS, your dreaming of Windows 7. It's the one.
    Chris.

I just downloaded it from Technet today, I havent had a chance to try it out but have heard some really good things about it,,,being it out performs Vista and XP runs super fast on less than 1GB of memory. revamped Vista kernal, Im sure its going to be better than , but honestly I like Vista over XP, never had one crash or one driver,network,game,apps, anything really. you just have to have the system to run it.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Deleted

Your craptastic link (which should be deleted as its a pirated copy at best) did 2 things:
    1. 32bit: Continued to show completed between 238 and 242 MB of the 2.42GB download
    2. 64bit: Corrupted on 2 files when burning the .ISO at various speeds and 4 different makers/types of dvd-r 's

Luckily, as I just found out, Microsoft's link (the one I posted), is back up and running and I have both 32 and 64 bit AND proper reg keys.
    Last edited by Sterling_Aug; 01-11-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...-download.aspx ...just in case you don't feel like scrolling up a few posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    I got my copy tonight.

Hi folks,
    Haven't been around much lately because of a job change so have been out of touch. But now I find time in the mornings to get back and involved. Home alone as it were.

Came across this post and became interested. Never got involved with a beta test of Windows before but would like to try with this one. Have a spare desktop with XP that I could set up with a spare drive. Only has 512meg memory but I have another 512 I could add if needed.

Why the need for a recovery disk? Wouldn't an image disk be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by bonz_dragon View Post
    Why the need for a recovery disk? Wouldn't an image disk be the same?
    same same...marketing. Just make sure whichever is complete and recent (fresh), with validation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks, just finished d/l both 32 and 64bit. Also just realized I'm out od blank dvds.

Maybe W7 will bring some interest back to fooling with computers.

In my case i am using two HD's with both configured with NTFS. I wouldn't mind trying this out on my second HD, which i would have to partition some space for, but like Vista did with me before I worry about messing up my boot log, which previously Vista did, and had to do a complete re-install an wipe of both HD's.

Is it preferable or Ok to install this on my second (sata ) HD?.., or should one use a totally clean HD, as like an external possibly? If thats the case i suppose i could buy another HD for this purpose only. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51 View Post
    In my case i am using two HD's with both configured with NTFS. I wouldn't mind trying this out on my second HD, which i would have to partition some space for, but like Vista did with me before I worry about messing up my boot log, which previously Vista did, and had to do a complete re-install an wipe of both HD's.

Is it preferable or Ok to install this on my second (sata ) HD?.., or should one use a totally clean HD, as like an external possibly? If thats the case i suppose i could buy another HD for this purpose only. LOL
    I installed Win7 on a spare laptop hard drive I have for my Dell Lattitude D820. So far everything works that I have tried (after updating the video driver).

You may be better off removing your "production" hard drive when you install Win7 so the boot loader does not get affected.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Using Windows 7 right now.
    AMD 2500 barton, 768 MB of ram.
    KT4V mobo.
    Windows update had the audio drivers.
    K-Lite works, played a music dvd.
    Avira av works
    Office 2000 is working , just can not get the updates for it.

Once it has booted up it is just as fast as XP.

Like what I see so far.