Thread: What the heck happened to the Gaming forum?

What the heck happened to the Gaming forum?

HELLO? Hello...helo..ehlo...

ECHO! Echo....echo.....

I'm sad. This used to be an active place to discuss games, but it looks almost like a ghost-town-forum...

Is anyone out there?
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

Ultimate Member
    I'm afraid i dont quite get the same amount of spare time as i used to. Unfortunatley these days i only just about get enough time to game and lurk at a few places like NvNews and Rage3d. I used to post very heavily particularly in the gaming forum here however the demand seemed to drop and i can only just muster enough time for gaming at the moment (Dead space, Prince of Persia, PES 2008, GoW II, Fable 2 landed at Christmas, and November was a made dash through Fallout 3, Far Cry 2, CoD 5 and a few others)

Unfortunatley time is gonna be at even more of a premium in a few months time when i become a Cop - may not even have time to game any more

As an aside, Left 4 Dead is liquid crack and i advise you all to go out and play it!

Seasons greetings!

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

gf got me Fallout 3 for Xmas -- I love how they made beautiful destruction with the Oblivion engine. Makes me want to mod for it...

Good for you on becoming a cop.
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

Ultimate Member
    The GECK mod kit for Fallout 3 was released a few days back, id definitley look into that.

My only piece of advice with Fallout 3 woudl be to hammer the main quest until you recieve power armour training, then head out for an explore around. The reson being that, as with all fallout games once you complete the main quest its game over, and unfortnatley the main quest locatiosn only accoutn for about 20% of the game world.

To just complete the main quest will be to miss out some really memorable stuff, such as the detahclaw sacntuary, vault 113 and "The Gary's"

Oh, thanks!

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    [/B]

Ultimate Member
    Alright ladies and gents, the missus is asleep and ive got five or ten mins so here goes with my recent list of whats hot and not:

***Hot***:

Fallout 3 - Okay so its nowhere near as good as Fallout 1 and 2 but in terms of FPS RPG's its definitley the best since System Shock 2/Deus Ex - the single player GOTY - dont miss it.

Gears of War 2 (360) - Gears one was a great game, this so far seems to be more of the same - which is no bad thing

Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway - whiel the original games were nto to everyones tastes, i loved them and this latest version is no dissapointment. Great tactical shooter with a solid SP campaign

Left 4 Dead - The best MP game since the original TFC. Simple concept that is quite simply as addictive as crack. I struggle to get alogn with MP focused titles however this has drawn me in and taken over my spare time of late. MP GOTY

Dead Space: Scary as hell - highly reccomended for fans of horror adventure - be warned though, bring a gamepad or the controls will drive you nuts!

***LUKEWARM***

CoD 5: Solid if unspectacular SP campaign that is far too short. Only consider if you in it for the MP or see it at a bargain price

Prince of Persia: Having loved the last trilogy of PoP the series reboot is somethign of a mixed bag. Fantastic platforming gameplay let down by a lack of combat and the fact you can never die or fail makes it all seem a bit pointless at times.

***STONE-COLD***

- Far Cry 2: Proof that the open world concept doesnt work when applied to shooters. Hugely repetetive and extremely laborious to play. Dont be fooled by the PR releases.

Crysis: Warhead : More of the same as Crysis - which in my eyes isnt a good thing

- GTA 4 (PC) Performance issues and bugs galore - stick to your 360 copy!

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

[/B]

IM addicted to Fall out 3, I just got it the other day and can honestly say its just delighted. I havent got way into it, I like doing the side quests on my way to the main, I do find it hard to kill bloody fire ants with a gun that has less power than a paper bag. but really its an awesome game. I have stopped buying any new games for now because I have to many I need to beat, if I buy more they will be left on the side for a few months so I cant have that.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

LOL. This is my first post here in months i think. Most of the latest games that have come out are past and gone now ,but the only ones i've played are COD5 (WAW ), and Farcry 2.

COD5 to me was extremely dissappointing. Old time graphics and sameo COD repetitive slosh, and TBH, the whle facade was like going back six years. Limited boundries,linear, and after i fifnished it i never felt compeled to replay it. Frustrating game nd too hyped as usual for these games.

Farcry 2 got a better mixed bag from me , personally then most although the much agreed upon respawning of enemies at checkpoints and all other,repetitive gameplay yes, but something one has to ignor mostly, was OK. After finishing it, i felt like i was rung through the mill and exhausted, where the storyline was mostly too far spread out and open for figuring of sorts, unitl about 3\4 the way through. Grahics and gameplay were good,although gameplay was repetitive but alright,with great visual effects and all. The worse glitch is the saved games menu. WTF on that. After many saves, one finds it takes forever and after a bit does not open at all at times, so i just used 'continue' mostly' to play the game.
    Took me like six weeks or a bit less to finish which obvioulsy is a labor of love or hate. LOL

Fallout 3 i only got to a point of walking out of the church, which i sgot stuck on as i had no ammo left, and a few baddies outside just waiting for me with snipers and ninja movements. have to replay that one i guess. Online community and game sites game it mostly 9 out of ten,so i guess its pretty good down the road.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblequix View Post
    HELLO? Hello...helo..ehlo...
    Is anyone out there?
    You takin the mick out of English cops mate lol kidding kidding,,it does look like it lol, Jakks not beating any Manchester Unitied fans over the head with the bat ye
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Ultimate Member
    On the football theme, news just in:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009:

Pro Evo 2008 was probably the best Iteration since Pro Evo 4 on the Xbox and somehow theyve managed to make a bit of a hash of this years version. Pro Evo 09 can be infuriating at times, with AI mistakes here there and everywhere. Your players seem to be completely and utterly devoid of first touch at times while it seems the AI are telepathically linked to everything you do.

However despite the somewhat bizarre learnign curve and the "Prone to stupidity" factor of the game its still rather addictive. I swore i wouldnt buy it this year - so got my girlfriend to buy it me.

All in all i could have done without it this year and its by no means good enough to warrant purchasing, however now i own it i will no doubt proceed to play it relentlessley for the next 12months.

Devil May Cry 4: I havent got the foggiest idea what the hell is going on in this game but im really enjoying it, furious runny jumpy shooty slashy action left right and centre and very stylishlly done so. Confusing menu systems and even more confusing Japanese story telling and horrendous load times spoil things somewhat but all in all - jolly good fun.

*The OH MY GOD WHY DIDNT I BUY THIS WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT!! Award For 2008*

Fight Night Round 3 (Xbox 360)

I like boxing, im not a major fan but i'll watch it if its on and did briefly dally with kick boxing before deciding there were better things to do on a weekend than gettign kicked in the face.

Im not a major sports sim fan to be honest, football games aside i never really bother - however this game is perfection. Its availiable for peanuts now and if you own a 360 and are even remotely interested in the sport of kings, then you should go out and buy it and kiss you spare time goodbye!

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

[/B]