Thread: Just a bit annoying can't switch windowed mode to full screen

Just a bit annoying can't switch windowed mode to full screen

Only is happening in FarCry 2, but since nowhere but the map editor do i see a choice for windowed versus full screen, there must be a way to switch this either in the OS or elsewhere. Help! please...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

You seem to have answered your own question.
    since nowhere but the map editor do i see a choice for windowed versus full screen
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

I don't have FarCry 2 but have you tried ALT+Enter while in the program?
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    I heaar F11 works in some games.

Check the shortcut attributes by right clicking on the shortcut. Try putting run on "maximized." Also try putting the resolution in the game to the same as in windows and see if it goes full screen because on some games if you put on certain resolutions it will be in a window.
    also I did searching on google and found this:
    Go in your (user)\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2 folder and open up GamerProfile.xml.
    change Fullscreen="0" to Fullscreen="1" and save then restart game
    See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Thks for the inputs, but neither of those work. Beats me. Its the only game thats doing it.

I thought like most some menu choice would exist, but this game has very little menu choices and commands if any. The enlarge box on top right corner of screen is blanked out,and my mouse will not move that far,which i've seen before.
    Its possible that upon first entering the game for first time, I missed some setup program, but can't remember if it had one. The 'map editor does have a box to switch to full screen ,but beleive thats only for the actual program, as i tried that to no avail.

I'll try that changelog as suggst 'Avaiator_14. Maybe that will work. LOL

All in all, its no biggie in the scheme of things, as i've already finished the game once.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Aviator_14.... Bless your everloving heart. That Xml editing worked. Thks so much buddie.

I guess i learned something and now if ever I have this problem again, i'lll know what to do.

Thk heaven for small things. LOL