Thread: Looking for a rechargeable wireless mouse...

Looking for a rechargeable wireless mouse...

It's for my laptop and I was looking for something along the lines of the ASUS MS-71, but bigger. The ASUS is smaller than two fingers (or one... if you're special), so I don't see how it could be very comfortable to use. I've seen the Kensington Ci75m, but it doesn't charge the batteries while in the mouse. The only function the wire serves is that you can have power from the laptop while your batteries are charging elsewhere.

Any help is (as always) greatly appreciated.

Why do you need a rechargeable mouse? Most of the wireless mice I've used last pretty long on one battery. The Microsoft or Logitech laptop mice have usb adapters that plug into the body. If anything, you could get rechargeable alkalines.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Why do you need a rechargeable mouse? Most of the wireless mice I've used last pretty long on one battery. The Microsoft or Logitech laptop mice have usb adapters that plug into the body. If anything, you could get rechargeable alkalines.
    My Logitech V450 Nano battery lasted more than a year and is half the price of a rechargable mouse that requires a charging station. It's a no-brainer if you ask me.

I don't even use a wireless with my laptop anymore. I lost too many, between RSW and BDL. The wire is a good reminder.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    A $18 wired M$ optical mouse is big enough for me and I have not installed the touchpad drivers for my laptop either. Ended all kinds of problems too.

Ultimate Member
    I have to agree .. rechargeable is not needed for a laptop mouse. I use the Logitech LX7 mouse
    which has 2 extra programmable buttons on top in addition to a tilting scroll wheel & a switch under
    the scroll wheel. At the time I bought it, is was under $40 and it runs on 2 "AA" size batteries. They easily
    last 6-10 months or longer and the mouse tells you when you need new ones.

Current price is $33.04 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordl.../dp/B000BFQ3YG

Good stuff, but I think I'll opt for the Logitech V450 Nano. Good size, AA batteries, and the receiver is slim.

Thanks for the info!

Intimate Member
    rechargeable alkalines?

I didn't know such a battery was available.

Alkaline batteries are not rechargeable to my knowlege. (but, I am not up-to-date on new battery types either). Linkys please?..

Intimate Member
    Gotcha...

Totally news to me..

Thanks for the information