Thread: DAX Error

DAX Error

Hi all,

I have a problem with Windows XP (SP2):

- After select massive files from Windows Explorer (for copy, cut, paste, etc), Windows shuts down the application (Windows Explorer).
    - After several tries like that, windows "punish" me with this action: when i right click on whatever icons, it appears the message (show on the pic) and after that, i can do what i want (delete, open, etc)

TRU-0070.jpg

So, what is my problem? How can i fix it?

Any suggests people?

Thanks first!

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Sounds like a virus or spyware.

Try Counterspy, Malwarebytes, or Trend Micro Housecall and see what they find.

If you are running some kind of "Extractor" program, uninstall it and reinstall it; it is trying to access memory that is reserved for something else. If you don't know exactly which one it is, do a search for "extractor".

Actually, if you download and open Process Explorer, you can search ExtractorExt.dll (Ctrl+F to bring up the search box). The results will show you all the programs that use that dll file. I'm guessing that, in this case, there will only be one. If uninstalling this program fixes this error, then if you think you need it, you can try reinstalling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol'Tunzafun View Post
    Actually, if you download and open Process Explorer, you can search ExtractorExt.dll (Ctrl+F to bring up the search box). The results will show you all the programs that use that dll file. I'm guessing that, in this case, there will only be one. If uninstalling this program fixes this error, then if you think you need it, you can try reinstalling it.
    Yeah, you're right! After using PE program, i found the problem and uninstall the program (Extractor from Nova Software) then everything is OK likes the old days! Thank you soooooo much pal! Thanksssssssss.... YES!

Good, but don't overlook the malware issue. If Nova did not always throw these errors, then something has changed.