Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Idle techie tattle............... :)

Well................it is time to go watch TV and ZZzzzzzzzz out.

Don't ferk the place up too bad while I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest View Post
    Neat, perfunctory and to the point, a great primer here

That said, wellcome back y'all, to the software - hardware merry go round that is WIntel.

Processing process processor Revelation.

You betcha by golly wow - Windows Vista™, will hum along sweetly like a li'l mocking bird on these processing processor processes which is what should have 'apon.......... 22 months ago. So please, please, please can the softies and the hards get it together before foisting the next Windows Operating System upon a gagging world and tune the whole endevour to best practise. A unified, tested and proven hardware/software duet that puts in place a computer system that people deserve.
    Hardware must outdistance the software and solve parrallel programing for nerds with an 'onchip' solution before Windows 7.
    This paper proposes a parallel processing crypto-processor for Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) to speed up EC point multiplication. The processor consists of a controller that dynamically checks Instruction-Level Parallelism (ILP) and multiple sets of modular arithmetic logic units accelerating modular operations. A case study of HW design with the proposed architecture shows that EC point multiplication over GF(p) and GF(2m) can be improved by a factor of 1.6 compared to the case of using single processing element.
    http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/articl...e?fp=16&fpid=1

Numerous Microsoft employees, including some top executives, urged their company to hold the line on the graphics requirements for the "Vista Capable" marketing campaign, both before and after the decision was made to loosen the rules, according to insider e-mails recently unsealed by a federal judge.
    Last edited by herosrest; 11-18-2008 at 11:51 PM.

Microsoft discounts Zunes in desperate bid to increase anemic sales

http://macdailynews.com/index.php/we...omments/19151/

A mere two months after introducing Zunes with minor updates, Microsoft "plans to announce on Wednesday a price cut for its flash-based models. The 4GB version will drop to $99, the 8GB model will drop by $10 to $139, and the 16GB model will sell for $179, down from $199," Ina Fried reports for CNET.

"Microsoft is also cutting prices for several of its Zune accessories. The cuts take effect on Wednesday in the U.S. and on Friday in Canada,"

Build in a very basic boring cell phone and give them away 'free' with every OS - running as a wifi client.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Correct. A recent poll found the 79.77923067% of the said duck billed platypusses voted for Palin during the election.
    Quote Originally Posted by mireland View Post
    why did god invent that animal?
    To vote??
    Windows 7 is being named PALIN.
    A Parallel Processing Hardware Architecture for Elliptic Curve Cryptosystems
    This paper proposes a parallel processing crypto-processor for Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) to speed up EC point multiplication. The processor consists of a controller that dynamically checks Instruction-Level Parallelism (ILP) and multiple sets of modular arithmetic logic units accelerating modular operations. A case study of HW design with the proposed architecture shows that EC point multiplication over GF(p) and GF(2m) can be improved by a factor of 1.6 compared to the case of using single processing element.

It no longer being possible to picturise the li'l mynx Palin -
    Here instead is one of her shoes, which i'm sure Mireland will enjoy seeing.

During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

If that shoe was cut off about the level of the lowest part of the curve, around waist height, it'd look ok.

Quote Originally Posted by werz View Post
    Get on with it then, I'll be a shareholder if you can pull that one off.
    I've got an idea, dead easy, I'm amazed no one has thought of it yet, I'll pm you Hero.
    Now go back to the Ducimus thread, and listen to the tune I posted for you.
    Apple will take third-quarter delivery of newly developed 10-inch touchscreens from Taiwan, a source said on Wednesday, amid talk the U.S. firm is developing a touchscreen PC. http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE52A0RH20090311

August 28, 2008 12:34 PM PDT - Apple applies for touch-screen Mac patent Given Apple' focus on multitouch user interfaces, fair speculation is the company wants something similar with more powerful computers than the iPhone or iPod Touch.

04-23-2008, 09:08 AM - Apple buys PA Semi. With Dan Dobberpuhl, who was a lead designer for the well-regarded Alpha and StrongARM microprocessors developed by Digital Equipment in the 1990s.
    brought to you by herosrest - i-moron!_____________

how 'bout this one?
    I wish I was sat next to a river bank with a picnic and on a lovely day, so I could go for a swim and cool down.
    Actually prob better lying in a hammock, in case there's snakes about.
    I should pm you my idea then we can both get rich and buy some river bank to watch the platypus play and frolic.
    And listen to Ronnie Lane.
    Last edited by werz; 03-13-2009 at 02:16 AM.