Thread: Microsoft office enterprise 2007 will not work properly on desktop

Microsoft office enterprise 2007 will not work properly on desktop

but works flawlessly on laptop? I have the same version of Microsoft office enterprise 2007 on both machines. The desktop is using Vista Ultimate and the laptop has Vista Home Premium.

When trying to open files, double-clicking on a .doc file will open up microsoft word, but won't open the file (stays at a gray screen). I can open the file by clicking the office icon, then open and selecting the file. It will open the file, but won't let me modify the contents. When I try to close the application, it quits by crashing itself.

The exact same version of office works perfectly on my laptop. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling office on the desktop with no results. What else can I look at to solve my problem?

Thank you!
    Last edited by wakeforce; 10-13-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    You should try contacting your work IT department so they can reinstall your Enterprise edition of Office.

Ultimate Member
    Just a thought .. Is the desktop PC a work unit or a Home unit ? ?
    If it is a Home unit and Office in this case is an Enterprise License
    it may somehow require that the PC be part of a Specific Work Group
    If it is an work computer, then yes, call the IT dept and let them earn their keep.
    It would be their computer, their application and their job to get it to work.