System Specs :
    Enlight Case 400 w real
    Core 2 duo 2.6 - 6M L2
    Intel P35
    3 GB DDR2
    ATI HD 2600 Pro 512 MB DDr2
    250 GB Seagate SATA2
    DVDRW

Many clean install and all drivers are installed and up to date, same applies to DirectX.
    Games will exit while saving the game and updating the profile, ( ex NFS U2 ). Its not a heat problem. CPU is running cold and temps are low.
    Is it possible that older games will crash while using this GPU ??
    Any help is highly appreciated.
    Commandos

Sometimes that's an indicaton of your power supply. I'd also check our whole system against any possible viruses and the like. (esp. your documents and settings folder )

A 400 watt power supply is a little weak. I would replace and get something a little more amperage with dual rails. ( 550 watt and above ) LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Hi RabbitRunner
    Thanks for your reply.
    Only some games are exiting.. thats the weird thing. The rest of the games are running like a charm.. If the PSU is weak or failing, dont u think that all the games will crash and exit .
    System is virus and spyware free and its not connected to the net.
    Those games exit are happening directly after a clean install.
    Thanks in advance.
    Commandos

RR, i've been running on a 420 watt thermaltake for like 4 years now and has held up all the way to my current specs. I don't know if the PSU would be weak, but failing, maybe?

Commandos, you say it only happens when saving the game?
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

TBH, i have a couple games that exit to desktop also. I haven't a clue really , other then possibly the video card drivers and or a hardware conflict issue. The ladder is quite possible. I have a feeling its something to do with display properties, and some driver conflict. Even a sound driver could cause this maybe.

Quite the mystery. In my case i've gotten exits from playing 'Crysis' a couple of times in the past few days, but always it never happens again, upon re-enter or starting the game over.

Sometimes some program in ones computer which is set for auto update , kicks in and interupts your playing,but normally one gets a message about those things,but not always.

Have you updated your Direct X?

As a general clue about about this, i would make sure ALL of ones drivers for anything to do with graphical display,and or video card are updated. it just may be ones LCD monitor refresh rate going buggy me thinks
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I'll triple check everything you mentioned. I'll update everything and I'll be back to you very soon.
    Thanks
    Commandos

Solved !!!
    Hi again.
    After searching and reading many many posts, analysis and reports, I reached a conclusion that Its a Dual Core issue.. The game would crash when Multiple cores are enabled ( 2 or 4 Cores ). Start the game, directly Ctrl Alt Del --> Task Manager --> Right click the game processe --> Set Affinity --> Untick one of the two CPUs. Apply and re-launch the game. The game will work like a charm without any problem at all. No craches, no exit nothing.
    This might apply on other games which have the same issue.
    Thanks all for your help.
    Commandos