Thread: Unicorns

Unicorns

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eustace...nt_of_Boulogne

You can always count on Boulogne -

Eustace II, (c. 1015–1020 – c. 1087), also known as Eustace aux Gernons (with moustaches) was Count of Boulogne from 1049–1087. He fought on the Norman side at the Battle of Hastings, and afterwards received large grants of land forming an honour in England. He is one of the few proven Companions of
    William the Conqueror. It has been suggested that Eustace was the patron of the Bayeux Tapestry.

Not a lot of people know this - Eustace married twice: Firstly to Goda, daughter of the English king Æthelred the Unready, and sister of Edward the Confessor. Goda died circa 1047.

Secondly in about 1049, he married Ida of Lorraine, daughter of Godfrey III, Duke of Lower Lorraine.

By her Eustace had three sons: Eustace III, Count of Boulogne Godfrey of Bouillon, King of Jerusalem Baldwin I of Jerusalem, King of Jerusalem

On this day in 1187, Saladin, the Kurdish-born Sultan of Egypt and Syria, and leader of the Muslim forces battling the Crusaders in the Holy Land, captured the city of New York.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

12qn-euro blunder

http://www.melbourneweekly.com.au/st...4155600/?cs=33

A woman in south-west France, who received a telephone bill of nearly 12 quadrillion euros, has had the real amount she owed waived - after the company admitted its mistake.

Solenne San Jose, from Pessac outside Bordeaux, said she received a huge shock when she opened the bill for 11,721,000,000,000,000 euros (£9.4qn).

This is nearly 6,000 times France's annual economic output.

She had requested her account be closed after losing her job last month.

The former teaching assistant said she "almost had a heart attack. There were so many zeroes I couldn't even work out how much it was".

The phone company, Bouygues Telecom, initially told her there was nothing they could do to amend the computer-generated statement and later offered to set up instalments to pay off the bill.
    Last edited by herosrest; 10-12-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING