Thread: Why I like my Thinkpad, or am I easily impressed

Why I like my Thinkpad, or am I easily impressed

So my lappy is a Thinkpad T60, the last of a breed (4:3 aspect ratio IPS-Flexview screen - the choice of photographers, but hasn't been available, from any brand, since the end of the T60

I got home today from my last class around 9pm with dinner (actually, my only meal of the day) in hand, and as I set my stuff on my table I spilled about 8 ounces of oreo milkshake all over my lappy's keyboard. I shut it off, unplugged, and de-batteried it I then wiped off the bulk of it and started to take it apart.

The keyboard was so bad I just took it to the sink. As I washed it I could tell it was holding several ounces of milkshake as it took about 30 seconds before the water ran out clear. I did the same to the palm rest. In haste, I then turned it back on before fully dried and the touchpad, fingerprint scanner, and little red rubber mouse thingy were non-responsive. I took it apart again and this time dried everyting off better and tried it again. Everything works!!!

Is this the genius of the spill proof design, or could any laptop have dealt with this?

The only problem is I've got one screw left over, and one screw hole left open, but they don't go together

eep, might wanna take it apart again and take your time putting it back together.
    AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.41GHZ : Asus M3A78-T : 8GB DDR2 800 : Acer 23" 1080P Widescreen : ATi Radeon HD 4870 : OCZ GameXtremE 850 Watt PSU

Bah, it can't be that important a screw. I mean, all the heat sink screws are in I know and same goes for the monitor screws, so what must have happened is one of the 15 or so case screws is probably in the wrong place.

A good mechanic always has leftover parts, no problemo

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Glue is what ya need ..... Everyone knows that glue is made for fastening screws in to holes that are too big

In this case the remaning screw is too short for the remaining screw hole. You'd think that'd mean there be some obvious screw sticking out somewhere, but there isn't.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Who gives a ferk ..... It works dunnit

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    Who gives a ferk ..... It works dunnit
    balz.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonfan

The only problem is I've got one screw left over, and one screw hole left open, but they don't go together
    Pop the screw back in any way - there's nought wrong with you having a screw loose.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING