Evening all,

I recently treied upgrading to the newest version of the Raltek HD audio Codec for Vista (Business x64).

I've never had an issue with Realtek drivers before, however upon attempting the upgrade and rebooting all audio has disappeared. It now appears that the only audio driver i can use is the built in "High Definition Audio Device" driver from MS

I have tried rolling back, reinstalling, installing older previously working drivers, however upon reboot the Audio device will be disabled, enabling it will attempt to iinstall the driver and fail (giving a variety of error codes, usually "Code 1: the device is not properly configured"). The only way i can get any audio is to manually select a driver (all the realtek ones and the MS driver are listed) from which only the MS one will work.

As such im stuck with the MS driver and no access to the Realtek Audio Control Panel, which is a bit pants

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Safe Mode, using the Realtek .exe, manually selecting the driver file and running the Realtek installer multiple times to remove existing files -- nothing seems to be working.

I've trawled the net and cant seem to find anyone with similar problems. Any ideas boys and girls?

Cheers

--Jakk