Thread: Can I copy Outlook mails to GMAIL ?

Can I copy Outlook mails to GMAIL ?

I wish to copy hundreds of my Outllook mails that are in my INBOX to GMAIL, and show the name of the original sender at the same time, so that I could easily search for the sender in GMAIL. However, if I forward the mails to GMAIL, the sender's name would not be the original sender.

Is there any solution to this ?

Forward the mail in groups and place em in their own folder....

Meaning, foward all mail from X person....drag em to a new folder you created. Repeat as necessary.....Should only take a few weeks....
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmech

But he doesn't want to sync. He wants to move all of his local emails in Outlook back into Gmail.

Hmmm, I could have sworn he said he wanted to "copy" .

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmech
    Hmmm, I could have sworn he said he wanted to "copy" .
    Same difference.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenw
    I wish to copy hundreds of my Outllook mails that are in my INBOX to GMAIL, and show the name of the original sender at the same time, so that I could easily search for the sender in GMAIL. However, if I forward the mails to GMAIL, the sender's name would not be the original sender.

Is there any solution to this ?

Okay Warren - Rocket and Sterling are confused do you want to continue to use Outlook and GMail "in sync" and at the same time so messages show up in both places? The links show you how to use Outlook as a desktop client for your GMail account. Where is your current Outlook pulling e-mails from? If it's not GMail and is instead your ISP (or whatever) and you just want to move prior e-mails over to GMail that's a different request.

If you have to use Steve's approach you'll have to quit your day job, or school, or whatever you do when you're not sleeping.

There is hope - some links

here

GML is here bummer...his website crashed so the normal content may not be up for a few days so if you're not in a hurry I'd wait a few days til he's back online - and I'm not positive that along the way he fixed the date timestamp issue.....
    "hope to someday have a clever or inspirational quote....."
    ANON

Thanks a lot
    I just want the e-mails sent from the ISP to my office Outllook to appear in my gmail, not necessary at the same time. (For both current e-mails and prior e-mails)

I also need to make previously sent e-mails from my office Outlook to appear in my gmail. (I would c.c. to my gmail for new e-mails, however, can I hide my gmail address not to appear in Outlook ?)