Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: bios says hardware failer

bios says hardware failer

I have a problem in my new system, I could boot to the bios but after that nothing just restarts right after you see the windows logo and a partial blue screen of death, I tried the windows xp disk and set the bios to boot to cd but it won't, right before windows logo starts up the turbo in the video card turns on then all shuts down,

when in bios it says how do i want to start windows and it gives all those options but the clock ticks down and I have no say so it just boots after the 26 seconds ,

I'm thinking HD but i'm not sure?
    Last edited by longway; 08-24-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Is this a fresh install of Windows?

I'm guessing you moved the drive from one system to another. You know that doesn't usually work without a repair install, right?

Did you try other bootable cds?

this computer was just built brand new 3-4 weeks ago, everything brand new,I have a post in the motherboards section here to show what I put in it,

I just hope it isn't anything besides the HD because I threw away all the boxes,

I'll swap out the HD later and see if that'll work .

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte
    I'm guessing you moved the drive from one system to another. You know that doesn't usually work without a repair install, right?

Did you try other bootable cds?

I tried the gigabyte cd as per instructions on the bios boot up screen after hitting the F12 key

this was a new harddrive with a clean install in this new built system

I just put in another sata Hdrive and no good same thing can't boot to any cd and will only start normally, I tried the gigabyte recovery ,windows xp,ubbc, some hardware took a dump but i'm not sure which it is

You have had this system forn 3-4 weeks and you're just now having problems? Did you back up the PC at any point? Did you try Safe Mode?

Anytime you build a PC, you should back it up as soon as it's working properly. No excuses.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201412

Start up and press F8 repeatedly until you get the boot menu. There, select "Disable automatic restart on error" and continue. Write down the blue screen error message and tell us about it. If you have a camera, you can take a snapshot.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    You have had this system forn 3-4 weeks and you're just now having problems? Did you back up the PC at any point? Did you try Safe Mode?

Anytime you build a PC, you should back it up as soon as it's working properly. No excuses.

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201412

Start up and press F8 repeatedly until you get the boot menu. There, select "Disable automatic restart on error" and continue. Write down the blue screen error message and tell us about it. If you have a camera, you can take a snapshot.

I can't get into anything but Normal Mode , it won't let me do anything, I can't even boot from the cd,

You CAN get the boot menu and select "Disable automatic restart". Please do it now.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    You CAN get the boot menu and select "Disable automatic restart". Please do it now.
    I could only get into the bios

But you said that you can boot in Normal mode. The menu for selecting modes comes *before* Normal mode.

Pressing F8 sometimes triggers the BIOS boot menu. If that is what's happening, you must wait until POST is complete before pressing F8. You must be fast.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Sounds like a power supply problem to me.

What make/model power supply is it?

Quote Originally Posted by longway
    I can't get into anything but Normal Mode , it won't let me do anything, I can't even boot from the cd,
    If you're seeing the windows logo then you haven't hit the F8 key early enough and if you have any BSOD error information that would be helpful. I'd suspect PSU, maybe a short - have you tried booting with mobo out of case? BIOS settings are all good - set to defaults? If you installed a SATA drive did you use the XP install drivers, and and any beeps along the way as it boots?
    "hope to someday have a clever or inspirational quote....."
    ANON

Hey everyone, I just got back from microcenter and bought a zalman heatsink that garbage intel really sucooks anyway I took the MB out and installed the heatsink , I tried what you said about hitting the F8 but no good it keeps coming up Normal boot , I can't do anything,same thing happens it goes to windows and then a second of blue screen and restarts, I've tried booting to the CD by setting it as first bootup I tried the F12 as the bios says to do and boot to the recovery disk they gave with the MB ,

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling_Aug
    Sounds like a power supply problem to me.

What make/model power supply is it?

Antec neo HE 550 high efficiency power supply

its brand new