Thread: Basic Advice ..........

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Basic Advice ..........

Due to the inherent nature of computers they collect dust ...... Dust bungs up the computers air holes & everything overheats unfortunately then components fail..... Its important to your computers free of dust

Good grief .........

that's pretty clean compared to one I cleaned in the Police department once...

Nice one Murphy. I've seen worse, but they usually were fried.

Theres words missing outta them sentences..... Ummmm...... I stole the pickie off of the interweb

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    Theres words missing outta them sentences..... Ummmm...... I stole the pickie off of the interweb

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Stolen pic or not, cleaning the computer of all the dust and junk does prolong the life of it. Surprising how many folks refuse to take the Bezel off and clean behind it.

Lightbulb

Well some of em are a Pita to get off ...... Loadsa lil screws ....... I've stuffed my bezel gap full of Hob filter fibre ..... That way the air can pass, but the dust gets caught .... & its a relatively easy thing to prod the gaps with a tooth brush (No Tooth paste on it like) & the suckky end of the dyson

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    2 latches and mine swings open. Cheiftec case.

Geanted some have a bunch of screws that need removed.

Mine has loadsa lil levers that have to be pushed in, kinda simultaneously .... their must be 8 of those & there's six lil screws too.... I think it was designed to stay on during a nuclear blast ....... either way lotsa tabs got snapped off & a couple of screws lost ...... Ya expect more

My chieftec had six tabs, only gots four now, stays on good though, comes off easier without those two tabs that you had to be double jointed to get to though.

LOL Always a good post to mention such things. I would bet that cleaning the insides of ones computer is something alot of users just forget to do from time to time.

When i do mine, ( which is gonna be mute by this Friday, due to getting a new case then ), I always take out my case fans and thoroughly clean those first. my tower happens to have front slots where air can flow in and it gets real clogged with dust from time to time. Like what J.M. suggested, i use a toothbrush to clean those and some other, and then blow out the dust from inside the case, along with using alcohol and a towel or similar to wipe it down inside. I also, carefully go over my video card, and if dirty, clean out the CPU HSF vents. That usually does the trick overall for me. lol
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS