Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it me thats a bit thick ?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Is it me thats a bit thick ?

Or does everyone have major issues trying to understand the pro's & con's of Cellphone airtime pricing ?
    Its enough to make ya head spin......

I thought I'd found a better rate with a diff company than I use right now. So I called up my existing provider & said can I have a PAC (That code ya need to transport ya number to another company..... Easier than fonin' every ferker in the world ya know to tell em ya numbers changed)
    And they just matched the new company's pricing strategy/chart/whatever & added incoming & outgoing calls to a network I previously couldn't access when roaming (Rogers)
    So then they said if ya pay a one off fee of a fiver (£5) you can reduce your international calls from £1.50 a minute to 20p a Min...... So as a joke I said "Umm its all money wiv you lot innit" I was actually kidding, as I was well chuffed with what they had done anyway ..... Then she sez ..... OK JM I'll credit ya account wiv £5 & ya can pay the one off fee wiv that ....... Good that innit ?

So after all that checking this plan & that plan, this comp & that comp. I can't actually remember how much my calls cost, how many inclusive TXT messages I get, but I do know that If want, I can have a free fiver

I don't really care how much the calls cost now ....... Do-ya think I've been sweet talked ?

Last edited by j.m@talk; 08-12-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Smart companies think to themselves....hmmm, which is better, giving JM a discount or losing his business all together.

Dumb companies say - Hey JM, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Its soooooo rare here in the good old UofK that...... I'm tempted to say I'm impressed...... But I'm not going to ....... Eggs in one basket & all that

My Old ISP has been on to me apologising profusely..... I said perhaps they should send someone round & we could discuss it ...... Maaan is that dude in fer a can of Whoop acre being opened in his direction

I had a credit card that jacked up my interest rate...so I rang em up.

I insited they lower it or I would fill out one of the million offers I get in the mail from other banks....She offered to loan me her pen
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Id'a nicked the pen

George W not give ya a card, ready loaded up with $'ss to spend ? ...... I thought everyone was getting one :-0

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    I had a credit card that jacked up my interest rate...so I rang em up.

I insited they lower it or I would fill out one of the million offers I get in the mail from other banks....She offered to loan me her pen

I've had several want to up the rates, I close the accounts, only way they ever listen is with the wallet.

What gives with that, anyway? Prime rate flatlined recently, you'd think the rates would drop as well....It's become an annual game, getting everyone to match AmEx rates I pay but after closing a few accounts they know I ain't bluffing.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Quote Originally Posted by Lgbpop
    What gives with that, anyway? Prime rate flatlined recently, you'd think the rates would drop as well....It's become an annual game, getting everyone to match AmEx rates I pay but after closing a few accounts they know I ain't bluffing.
    It's called corporate greed. Plain and simple

Not really, more like evening the odds. When a company markets to marginal credit risks, they need to raise the rates on all their customers to cover the losses they take on the deadbeats. That's when I figure it's time for a new card company.

In my example, I did the ol I'm five days late with a payment and they shot my rate up to 18% and hit me with a late fee...In the good old days, the late fee would have been good enough....

And the lady I spoke with didn't have a sense of humor or a brain...I asked: "Wouldn't getting 8% from me be better then ZERO percent?"

They're like IRS people that way.

yes, to both questions, JM

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    yes, to both questions, JM

he is one thick mofo...

Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    he is one thick mofo...
    Pot Smokin the kettle........ Err I mean Callin ?

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    Is it me thats a bit thick ?

YES!!