Thread: VAIO notebook OS question

VAIO notebook OS question

Hi- I just got my vaio nookbook bought off ebay and it looks like it hasn't been started up maybe ever , my question is the guy didn't give me software with it, is their suppose to be software included with these notebooks or are you suppose to make your own disk and if so how do i do it ?

Thanks in advance

WOW I can't believe they sell this without an OS I just checked their website and seems no software , so how do I make a bootable OS off this , I've had a notebook before like this but I had bought one from a manufacture ,sony VGN-FZ180E/B

I believe all the Vaio's use the same procedure, How to create the recovery media disks , otherwise you can search Sony support KB for your specific model.

Generically, most manufactures include a Wizard that prompts you to make the Recovery Media on new pc's when you first startup and setup the pc. If you chose to make the media later , they always have a shortcut to the wizard in the programs list. A boot option is also normally offered using a function key. You should download the manual and latest drivers, etc. . I highly recommend you make the recovery media asap , and before you start adding any programs or updates. This keeps it as factory standard. Later use a backup imaging software to backup your partitions as changes are made.

You have to buy your own Windows CD unless you can convince Sony to provide you with a restore CD. Call them.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Thanks All , I purchased them, An extremely high price for some cd's $38.32

but you never know, I might use them one day or not but I rather have them on hand just in case

Thanks for the links and help ALL

VAIO are one of the most horrible notebooks brands of them all

support is simply not the best, and the product itself is below par, at the price they charge

i rather go with a Dell than a VAIO

but of course my top choice will be a Toshiba
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5