Thread: Call of Juarez -- which version to get

Call of Juarez -- which version to get

I played the single player demo of Call of Juarez over the weekend and I must say WOW. Loved it, Bible thumping and all. Looked great in DX9 mode on my oc'd Radeon 3870, XPsp3 32b.

I have both PCs and the Xbox360. Anyone have any thoughts between the two? I have several shooters on the 360 like CoD2&3, Halo3 and loved the 50" home theater experience. On the other hand I've been a PC gamer for so long it just seems natural to get it there. Just curious if anyone also has internal debates whether to grab it for PC or 360.

Assuming the demo is available on the 360 over Xbox Live I guess I'll just demo it there and see which experience I prefer.
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

I have 'Call of Juarez' and have played it through about five times thus far. Love the game. So many things that are very well done. I esp. liked the storyline and narative vidoe sequences, and the gameplay is nicely done. I also liked the sort of puzzle solving along the way,even though almost all of it is clear as day.

Just for kicks i tried to play the touted 'Gun' game and thought that was bad and not anywhere as good as this. This works,esp. the graphics,and storyline which is a treat in my book. Not another game like it IMO.

I don't own a console so i could not tell ya what others would be like but i suppose any are as good as the PC version. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Well I played the demo on both the PC and 360. Graphics look great in either case -- think 360 DX10 Radeon derivative VPU vs. DX9 Radeon 3870 VPU = wash. I prefer sitting on the couch in front of the Bravia, but the gameplay was easier on the PC, so I think I'll get PC version. Couldn't lose either way though.

And for the little I saw of it it's just gorgeous. I love the imperfections in the glass which add to the realism. I also like Reverend Ray's leitmotif of Bible thumping while gun slinging. Nice touch.
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

The whole game and storyline is just a hoot! It gets better, believe me. I can't think of a game where the cutsence dialog, including the work of art IMO, are so well laid out. Excellent game. lol
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS