Thread: Building New Gaming System Help ?

Building New Gaming System Help ?

Hi All,

I'm looking to replace my 3 year old AMD gaming computer with Intel Dual-Core.

Can anyone give me some ideas on motherboard and Processer speeds & memory requirments to run Microsoft Flight Simulator plus BattleFeild 2 & Silent Hunter games.

Thanks for any ideas and help ypu can give me.

Scott

Well I'd say it'd depend on which MS Flight Sim you're talking about. If it's X, you might need a nice vid card. If I remember correctly the screenshots for that were insane. I know battlefield 2 runs real well on hardware 2 generations ago. You might get a better idea if you look at the games you're playing, and note the system requirements. I'm not really in on the Intel loop, but I wouldn't be surprised if all intel dual core's would work with those games. I would recommend at least 2gb of ram as BF2 can be a bugger sometimes with less.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    I get about 40fps average in Age of Conan with the rig on my rig with settings on all high, you can probably do similar with similar components except a more modern motherboard and cpu.

Age of Conan is a pretty hardware demanding game, especially when it comes to CPU and GPU, SLI'ing two lesser cards wont cut it.
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64

A little late to the party, but for FSX you need all the processing horsepower you can get. Top end vid card not that necessary unless you are undocking and running multiple windows and/or multiple monitors. FSX will take advantage of all of the cores/speed you can throw at it.
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

Quote Originally Posted by mobo57
    A little late to the party, but for FSX you need all the processing horsepower you can get. Top end vid card not that necessary unless you are undocking and running multiple windows and/or multiple monitors. FSX will take advantage of all of the cores/speed you can throw at it.
    Thanks for your input.

I'm almost done with the research and looking at DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS
    With Corsair Dominator 4GB(2GBx2) DDR2 Dual Channel - Video PNY GeForce
    8800 GT - WD Caviar GP SATA 500 GB Drive.

What do you guy's think of this setup please ?

Scott

What CPU?
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

Quote Originally Posted by mobo57
    What CPU?
    E8400