Thread: My new gaming rig, already here. ;)

My new gaming rig, already here. ;)

Intel Q6600@3.2 ghz
    DFI LanParty LT X38-T2R
    4 gig mushkin ddr2 1066
    PC power and cooling 750 watt
    2 HD 3870's crossfire X
    Zalman 9700
    2 Lite-on combo 20x52x
    2 Seagate 160 sata 7200 rpm
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64

Other junk that doesn't matter.

I need to study my bios and in a week or two I'll go for it on a real OC. 800 mhz OC already and I finished building the rig 12 hours ago.

17000+ in 3DMark06 and 7000+ in Vantage already. I should have done this sooner.

My Opteron 185 will always be one of my favorite chips but it's days are done. My x1800xt crossfire set and Opteron go to my big Sister along with the board and my OEM copy of Vista Ultimate 32 bit that is married to the board. Also my enermax liberty 620.. Happy everyday sis.

My sister is a "graphics artist" and she does do some amazing things that I could never do even with the rig I have now. She will be coming from a single core Penium 4 2.6 ghz with my old 9800 pro on an HP to the stuff I mentioned. She is set for awhile and I hope I am too. I can't afford this stuff every two years.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BadDriver; 06-14-2008 at 09:50 PM.

Forgot the important pic.

I'll stress her while I sleep tonight and see how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not trying to hijack your thread here, but just so happens I just built a new machine yesterday using the same CPU.
    I bought everything off this wish list... Newegg

I don't plan on doing much OCing.
    Got 2 530w power supplies.

Do you not think the CPU fan that came with it is worth keeping? I see you got the Zalman 9700.
    Tickle it...

2 PSU's? The lights will dim on your block. The PSU I am using is pretty strong and was bought to power this rig. I have a single 12v rail pushing 60 amps.

I am not going to push for much more right now. I am happy but I know I can get more eventually. I kind of need to let things settle in for a few days anyway. I fought with myself for over a month before I let myself spend the money and I certainly don't want to fry anything.

I have a custom made case with a place for 2 psu's. It's a hug cube with 9 120mm fans.

The idea of mine behind the 2 PSU's was to create a redundant power supply system... Though I haven't figured out yet the best way to do it... so for now the 2nd psu is being used for all the fans.

I'm not feeling entirely comfortable with only using 530w for the main part of the system... though I think it is sufficient.
    Tickle it...

Hey BadDriver, what kind of power supply do you have... got someone going to buy one of mine, so gonna use the other one just for fans and such, but in the market for a new one around the 750w.
    Tickle it...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703009

Not too bad of a price for the unit. PC power and cooling.

Just ordered that one. Last night one of my external drives was showing a failure and i had to unplug/replug the keyboard... they are both running off a USB hub... figured a power prob... wanted a 12v 8pin power source anyway(currently only 4pin)
    Tickle it...

It'll power your rig just fine. I have 8 USB devices attached along with the stuff mentioned above and some stuff not mentioned. I may have gone for "overkill" but I wanted to be sure I had enough good clean power.