Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Having a bad exp. with NewEgg. Don't send a check

Hybrid View

Having a bad exp. with NewEgg. Don't send a check

Felt it might be useful to relay what i'm going through at this time.

We all seem to have fallen in love with good ole NewEgg. I know in the past, and not very recently always seem to give them nothing but five star ratings. Now, unfortunately, i have changed my mind drastically.

Remember that new video card I had ordered from some other post recently? Well, for ref, i have to send a check. I have little or no credit right now, and besides, even if i had a good C.C., the interest one pays is lost monies. I usually don't mind waiting a bit. In this case this order is going badly, from my prespective.

I mailed a check over a week ago, making sure the address was correct,postage, and enclosed said check at a local P.O.
    yesterday i wrote to them for the second time,inquiring about my order, and just now got the very same reply from the same addressed gentlemen saying the same 'generic reply'. "we have not received your check yet ,but when we do, your order will be processed and shipped out" I called customer service today, and like todays world, talked to some underage girl, who i could tell ws like talking to a wall. She checked and gave the same reply. She said maybe a couple more days. I told her i'd wait if not wasted time.Otherwise, i would order from a diff. vendor. I also said after this i would not be doing any more business with them. I also relayed i had in the past spent over $2000.00 with them. Useless!

Normally i have some patience, unless i feel i am being patronized, and told the typ. if yu order by C.C. la de dah.. Some time ago, they quit 'Echeck' due to obvious issues like some dildos messing this up ,and so I am the one paying the price. Of course.

My last orders i used 'MWave and had no issues. I thought about that before using what i thought was the best outfit in the business this time. No more brother.. esp. with thier so called great customer service. On the phone , its the first boast you hear. Give me a break.
    Also with MWave they got he check in 3-4 days and IMMEDIATELY, the same day sent the order out shipped., and gave very good info,pretinent data ,emails,etc..

Trust your intuition. Its there for a reason. I ignored it this time and so.., this happens. Not fair but i guess life is messed up sometimes.

I'll wait just two more days, then i will re-order from MWave. Wasted two weeks OMG. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Course you know the part about them making sure the check clears the bank before they start the processing part.

Has the check cleared yet?

Guessing that you also know you can get one of those "pay as you go" type credit cards. And then there's PayPal which will draw money from your checking account.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Its just that my last order I used Mwave, and the check got there in reasonable time ,like 3-4 days, and that very same day they shipped the product. I ralize checks might tke time, but not in todays system they don't. One day tops.
    Like mail form Oregon to California takes over a week? No holidays for excuse here.

You got me, as to if they even got the mail. ( or the check ) Thats why i'm so upset. All i want is to know if they go it, then however long after that is fine with me.

I also just did not like the customer service i'm getting. The previous times i used credit cards, was way back in like 2002-2004 or some such. I have nver before sent them a check, and switched vendors due to thier caneling the echeck process.
    Its obvious, they do not like checks. Money is money and this is REAL MONEY , NOT CREDIT. Just how our world works today, and TBH, its all about whos got the money.

The pay as you go CC's are a fluke Steve. They want you to send like at least $250.00 to them, and don't tell me thats free. No credit card is ever free. I know> i get offers weekly all the time in my email and residential mailbox. I am god with legal stuff, and can read the fine print.

I was in a good mood and nothing other then this is going badly, and now it just put me in a bad mood. I hate them right now. I didn't like thier sales pitch and other on the phone either. Very pompous. I know about marketing and customer service. It runs in the family.

I also called my bank and nothing yet. Not surprised. I also ordred a coule things months ago from 'TigerDirect', and that ws the worse exp. i've ever had. That order took over two weeks.

I would bet that by Thursday i guess, which is all the longer i said i would wait, it will finally be processed. Who knows. If not, i will just do the same with MWave, as they have the card i want,only $10.00 more. One of the reasons i chose NewEgg.

In the end, its a small thing. I can wait. I'm just so excited to get that new video card, and did not expect a longer wait. I've waited long enough for this as it is, since my present card i bought.

Sorry to be on a rag. normally i don;t spend alot of time with anger anymore. getting too old for that. Its why we have choices in our world. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

They don't like checks because they're a pain in the backside, and always have been. It's nothing personal on you, although in their eyes you're the one making more work for them and you're hassling them on top of it all. A check is NOT real money - it's a document saying you authorize your bank to pay money from your account to someone.

Why don't you just use your debit card? It's treated as a credit card for e-sales if it has the Visa or MasterCard logo on it - the vast majority do. Otherwise, send money orders and use delivery confirmation from the post office. This ought to be obvious, we shouldn't have to explain it to you.
    Last edited by Lgbpop; 05-14-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Rabbit, have you considered that it could be the postal service that's taking a while to deliver it? I've had them lose or delay things much more important ( house payment, utility bills, auto ins. payments ) many times in the past. It could simply be lost in the mail or just slow. I rarely send checks anymore to anyone for this reason. I use my debit card with Newegg and have never had problems. I order on a Monday morning and in many cases by Tuesday afternoon I have UPS at my door. Can you get a bank card like that? There is no interest charges or anything on mine. Pretty sweet deal really. Just make sure the money is in the bank and off you go.

First off, thks guys for even takng the time to respond to this dribble. lol

To answer your question first leprechaun_40, yeah, one of the first things i thught about. I keept asking the lady who works there, how long it would take> she said three days max. Right> no wy of knowing and its drivng me crazy.
    The last timwe this happened was with T.Direct, and that ws just a total fiasco. Talked with some guy in customer service,who I could barely comprehend. No disrespect, but they hire aliens, and or foreingers for that part of business.

I thought first off about overnight delivery, and confirmation. best idea if this trully means something to me obviously.

I also never had issues with them using my credit card, which i have none now. I could have used my sisters C.C., and have done that, but this method HAS worked fine ,but with another company. You can bet if this ordre was some little thing, then it would have gone fine. ( murphy's law?? )

I'll check into one of those cards. Sounds like from what you guys have said, there might be one out there just waiting for me. "oh G"

Lgbpop, Point taken. you are right as i have attested. I just hate that our world in these United States are run on all credit. It's the main reason we cannot balance any budgets in this country. Try to figure that one out.

All in all,,, lessons learned i guess. Something good will enevidibly come from all of this. I am not all negative.

Well wonders never cease. I was already to cancel my order and today , and so i just looked at my email, and the order was just shipped. The girl I dissed kept telling me two more days, and I never believed her. Guess that was a bit rash.

Still, it puzzles me as to why they couldn't have told me when they got my check. Checks clear in one day these days, so maybe the mail was slow for whatever reason. I liive on west coast and NewEgg is in California. Takes 3-4 days tops.

No matter. i guess i'm happy now. I'm just so glad that i waited and did not cancel it, otherwise another two weeks or waiting for another vendor.

Now ..i'm a bit concerned my PSU can handle the card. Another main poster here has a 8800GTX card and running a higher end system with the same 12V amperage and about the same maker and style PS and obviouly he's doing ok. This card uses less power, or so they say. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Well wonders never cease. I was already to cancel my order and today , and so i just looked at my email, and the order was just shipped. The girl I dissed kept telling me two more days, and I never believed her. Guess that was a bit rash.

Still, it puzzles me as to why they couldn't have told me when they got my check. Checks clear in one day these days, so maybe the mail was slow for whatever reason. I liive on west coast and NewEgg is in California. Takes 3-4 days tops.

No matter. i guess i'm happy now. I'm just so glad that i waited and did not cancel it, otherwise another two weeks or waiting for another vendor.

Now ..i'm a bit concerned my PSU can handle the card. Another main poster here has a 8800GTX card and running a higher end system with the same 12V amperage and about the same maker and style PS and obviouly he's doing ok. This card uses less power, or so they say. LOL
    Rabbit

Power Suppy Calculator:
    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp

You should be fine...I only have a 430 watt antec true power and I run

1 8800GT EVGA (new)
    1 Asrock-775Dual-VSTA
    2 stick 512mb Crucial ddr PC3200 Ram
    5 80mm case fan/one with led
    1 floppy
    2 SATA Raptor 36 gig hard drives
    2 Ide hard drives
    1 Floppy
    2 IDE Optical drives
    1 Sata Optical drive
    1 pci- to sata controler card

No sound card...onboard sound
    PS is older unit...like 2-3 years old...does not seem to break a sweat

The 9600 series is supposed to use a little less power then the 8800gt...and I also had the overclocked version for test...also at first...I had a 4th optical drive along with a second pci-to-sata controler card...I took out the 4th optical drive and controler card out as I did not want to push my luck..

I am shopping for a power supply nest though...I am thinking antech earthwatts (or something like that)...sale at the egg right now for $59 plus shipping with code they sent in email...
    Last edited by Roadhog; 05-17-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Ultimate Member
    I think you are (were) jumping to conclusions WAY too early. Had it possibly occurred to you that maybe they hadn't received the check yet? In addition to having to wait to receive it, they would have to wait until it clears before shipping your parts. So by writing a check, you were waiting for the PO, Banks and newegg processing. I don't care what vendor you order from, if they haven't received the check, or it hasn't cleared (no fault of their own) they are not going to ship you THEIR products. This is merely a case of you being impatient. If you want fast service, use a credit card. Pay it off in the same billing cycle and there will be no interest charges. Or apply for a bank card with a visa/mastercard logo, it'll work like a CC but funds come straight out of your account and just about anyone with a bank account can get approved for one since it's not actual credit. It is the year 2008 after all.

Ultimate Member
    I see Rabbitrunner has gotten a new Avatar ... Looks nice.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Checks, well if it was taken to a different company than yours, then yes they just may hold things for up to 10 days after it first clears to amke sure it is good.
    Had that happen many a time over the years.

8800 GTX ________ 70W-83W-132W ² (768MB)
    Biggest is 768 ram version

Ramone.. like i said i will look into that. Up till now, i just felt i didn't need one. The card with logo on it. i could have sworn i alredy inquired about this at my Credit Union, and thought they said i still needed a background check. Maybe not.

I know things take time. I admit things take some time. I am not stupid boys. Unaware at times yes.. Every action made in our world today is not perfect, but things have gotten alot better then in the past. The fact checks now clear in one day is attest to that. I do feel a bit foolish because looking back, only about a day extra it took, if one knows that weekends do not count anymore. Shipping depts. for Fed EX or UPS don't deliver on weekends. Its all good. lol

NewEgg or MWave are what i use now. Both are very good companies. I called them today and made sure that i was happy and apologized for my impatience. Most people would not have done that. I gots all sorts of time.

I also wrote a ticket to OCZ and asked them if my PSU could handle that card. I think i'll be alright. 'Madpistol' has the same amperage model but 700 watt and he runs a 8800GTX. Mine is a 9600GT OC'ed version. It uses less power supposedly.

Yeah.. , right after you posted that link bruceb for me last night, i went there and found tons or cute bunnies. OMG lol I used 'Micrososft Office 2008', even though i had no idea what i was doing at first, and was happy i figured out how to resize this. That is one nice program for those who need to use such things. Am impressed with that.

That stupid rabbit got all tuckered out running all the time. Felt he needed to laze around a bit an relax. ( Elmer Fudd must be long gone by now? )
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 05-15-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Ultimate Member
    Since you have the new avatar, why not bring it into say Photoshop
    and put ol bugs on a nice green lawn ?

http://www.avatarstock.com/img/Bugs-Bunny_5147.jpg
    Last edited by bruceb; 05-15-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Bruceb, I like that also. TBH, I think i like that a whole lot better. Stay tuned for further developments...

Just between you and me, I see yours is a military jet. F14 Tomcat is it? Thats a coincidence, since i am ex 'Air Force' and worked on jets in the service. Back then the main culprit was the F-4's. lol

Ultimate Member
    Yes, they're still going to run a credit check on you, but the requirements for a bank card with a Visa or MasterCard logo are for more lenient than an actual credit card.