Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Having a bad exp. with NewEgg. Don't send a check

I'm impressed, just checked. In one day, it was in KY, NM and now it's in Ontario...wow.

Rabbitrunner, just sent you a PM
    Asus M2N-E, AMD 64 X2 4200, Asus GeForce 9600 GSO, 3GB Kingston DDR2, Seagate IDE 160GB, Maxtor IDE 200GB, Dell 24" E248WFP

LOL Ramone. I'm absolutely going to use some higher form of mail routing,whichever priority or one day delivery ( same thing i think ). I thought of that, and it was stupid of me, knowing this is so important and money involved. Lesson learned. In the end it came out alright though.
    When i once only use T.Direct, my issues were on the line of wrong address changes on my shipping address. The check got there OK, and they are based in Florida, but ship out of Chicago,ILL. Thats odd.

Tracking with UPS said it should get here Monday. More like Tuesday if i know them, because that means here in Portland somewhere. Can't wait. I sure hope this card just works alright. Got six five star reviews ( only that many reviews written )
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

SOB, I just wrote a reply and it got deleted by me. I hate that. Did that just double post after i wrote this?? Not my fault on that one.

Ramone, LOL I hear that.. Thks!

Tracking said it was going to get here Monday. More like Tuesday i bet, because that usually means here in Portland. Be nice if Monday though. No matter. I'll just be happy as a kid in a candy store if it just works. I had some thoughts about whether my PSU could handle it lst night, but I thinnk it will be OK. uses less power then a 8800GT I previously opted for. This one is OC'ed some stock.

I had NO issues with MWave at all Guille. They give very good info, and all the rest, and quite frankly, they provide much more of that then NewEgg. With them i just get a two line billing Invoice. Since we all are on th net, most paperwork is un-needed IMO. All pertinent info is right there listed in your account.

Don't be stupid Guile. That is a long way off. If FedEX, then yes they are IMO, a bit faster, but now cost more. Howe things change. its alright, becasue this is May 2008. My orders last NewEgg were back in 2002 and 2005. Count your blessings
    LOL

Boy, thks guys about the avatar. Its just something basic. Thks to bruceb for that. I really like 'Allgamers' the best. That is one snazzy avatar. Need sunglasses to look at.

I often change my wallpaper and desktop style a few times a week. I got one nice lookin women on there right now. Think i'm in love haha!

Wish we could do some of hte things in this forum we all used to do. Like show our rigs, and wallpapers and other things. I enjoyed that. Just appreciate creative people.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 05-16-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    I didn't serve in the late '70's due to a bad knee.
    It is the F-14 Tomcat, which many, myself included
    consider the best air superiority figther of it's time.
    Not a pilot myself as you need near perfect vision
    for it. Too bad the military has scraped the F-14 in
    favor the FA-18 and the newer jets.

The F-14 while considerd a great aircraft for its time and purpose, of which is the key point here always, had flaws. Hydraulics were a nightmare, and it just wasn't manueverable enough for future purposes or modern warfare. Hence, the best and unbeatable stealth models we see today like the F-22 Rapter. Simpliy put.. Untouchable, and very few flaws if any.
    Technology always moves forward and not back.. The thing now is 'stealth', and 'unmaned aircraft'. Thats the direction thier at now and heading for towards the future.

Its all about purpose. The F-18's are just more fluid, and I would guess faster. Newer technology, as is the case with present offerings. I cringe at the cost of any of those jets. No wonder we're so much in debt. Must be some dilema, knowing they have to break the bank, to defend a nation. LOL

One has to think along the lines of upkeep and cost, as well as efficiency.

Ultimate Member
    Yes, the early F14 did have some issues, mainly with
    very underpowered engines that were prone to flameouts.
    As to hydraulic issues, I can't say. But the jet was very
    manueverable for a large jet and it had a good payload
    and decent range. And it's radar targeting system is second
    to none. It could track 6 targets at one time and at a long range.

"Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end.... " LOL

I think we're getting a bit off topic here... I confess. Its my fault. "Dang me.. Dang me., should have took a rope and hang me"

I hate fridays. Being old and single is not very fun. "Ho humm" Anybody got like $1500.00 , so i can get my teeth fixed? This is one area, where i wish my credit were a bit better

How's NJ doin bruce? Those Mets are in deep doo doo huh?

Ultimate Member
    NJ is doing ok ... Mets is too soon to tell. I myself may consider moving into PA
    in about 5 years or so .. property taxes here are getting out of hand. Already at
    12,500 per year and they go up on average about 600 or so each year.

Thats the norm Train for taxes. My younger sister just sold her house, right at the time the morgage market just hit bottom low. She lost all but 20 grand on a house worth close to 290 grand. All she could do. Of course there were circumstances surrounding that. She had just lost her husband a year earlier, then her long term job, and some other things. Too bad. it ws just bad timing, and the highly enflated housing market with lenders giving bad loans to borrowers who couldn't pay.
    In the end, she is much much happier at not having to pay that morgage, found a nice apt. and even got a better job that pays alot more. She is the one i borrowed a $100.00 from to be able to get my new video card.. I WILL pay her back the next two months ( 50.00/month ).

I have thought about moving to Florida or somewhere down south. Looking ahead, i would love to play golf on those nice Florida golf courses. My lucky brother lives in Hawaii. He plays golf over there too. Manages a high rise apt. complex.

No offense to you whatsoever, but New Jersey is the last place i'd move to. My mom was from the Boston area growing up. her relatives were from Nova Scotia. I viited there when i ws about 2 years old. OMG.

As you can tell, i am into sports. Played at least six growing up.Baseball was teh first. I had talent, and was a pitcher. As soon as politics started, i got out and persued other things.

Boy.., i'm dribbling alot here. Oh well.., its Friday for petes sake. LOL

Ultimate Member
    NJ is not too bad, I originally lived in Queens, NY but the apt went coop
    and it was not worth the cost ... So bought a house in 1983 and we have
    relatives in NY & NJ plus my job was in Manhattan ... So NJ was not a
    bad choice. But am looking to PA likely for when I fully retire at about age
    60 or so (say 5 yrs down the road) & there are plenty of nice golf courses
    in PA to try.

Yeah. the way i look at it, home is home to whomever , no matter who or where one grows up. Often, i think about those who reside down south, having to deal with tornados, floods, every single year of thier life, and most never move out. Crazy.
    Where i live, its getting more populated all the time. Oregon is a very nice place to live. Tons of natural resources, and mostly they are not so polluted if any. Lots of clean running water, mountains, electricity, ocean, and all the rest.
    The mix of different cultures is vast here now also. Too many illegal aliens though. Our crime rate is pretty high also.

I am single , with only a sister and brother to speak of. All my relatives are long gone now, as is our parents. I have never married, but still want some kids, whether by adoption or other means.. ( other means maybe a sarrogate.. haha! )

Guess i should have written an off topic post. This one has gotten a bit out of hand huh?

Do you play golf? I used to have a nice golf set, but since i misplaced it leaving for 'leave' from Florida, when i was stationed there, i accidently left them behind, and never bought another set. They are quite expensive now. Very expensive to say the least, as is just pying green fees.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 05-16-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Hey Rabbitrunner,

I know what you mean about Florida..haha. Nice weather and nice golf courses, I have a cousin who lives there been there for 15yrs. I think about Hawaii, I've there quite a few time and was stationed there many years ago. I could really get used to playing on those course and playing on the beach.

But expense wise , and good paying jobs are hard to come by these days. Yeah Oregon is nice, very pretty, but the weather makes it hard to play outside year round.

Not easy being in limbo...haha. Yeah it's friday.

Hey Bruceb PA is nice, I like the Hershey and Scranton areas. I lived in Hershey for 2 years.

Yeah it's a Friday...haha.
    Asus M2N-E, AMD 64 X2 4200, Asus GeForce 9600 GSO, 3GB Kingston DDR2, Seagate IDE 160GB, Maxtor IDE 200GB, Dell 24" E248WFP

I did all my partying out on Fridays years ago. I just hate being out with all the loonies. Believe me, that one night is where thier all out in style. I used to go to alot of bars and taverns in my heavy drinking days, but none anymore since i quit drinking. Kind of miss some of my former friends though, but not the lifestyle.

Some day i sure wouldn't mind doing some more traveling. I want to go to Europe rel bad. Been to the orient already.

Pretty darn good shipping time for UPS. I just looked up my tracking number, and it has already been scanned here in Portland. That means Monday i should get my card. whoopie!

Ultimate Member
    Guille, I am actually thinking of Milford, PA (the one near RT84 & RT80)
    as there are two towns with the name of Milford ... other one is down by
    RT78 somewhere. If / when I move I want to be near to NJ as there are
    some things & friends I would visit from time to time. Not sure how far
    Hershey or Scranton are, but I want an area where I can still get 2 acres
    or so for a home site, without paying an arm and a leg, and still have
    low (4 digits) property tax bills. Where I am now is almost $13K and
    going up each year and that is only 1/3 of an acre with a 3000 sq ft home.

Rabbit, yes I do try to play golf, when I get the time, but since I work that
    means Sat / Sun & it hard to get a Tee Time on those days. So if I am
    lucky, maybe twice a month, as there are many other chores / tasks to
    be done. Not very good yet. Always breaking 100 (on the + side)
    Last edited by bruceb; 05-17-2008 at 08:54 AM.