Thread: Converting Itunes music to MP3's.

Converting Itunes music to MP3's.

How can I convert my Itunes music files to MP3's? I downloaded about 180mb of music the last few months for my little girl using Itunes. Problem is I cannot seem to transfer the music to her Ipod. Her Ipod was configured by some loser my ex wife rented a room for a while ago. Since then he skipped town and left owing her money. My account is set up on Apples Itunes and I am haing issues transfering music to her Ipod. I used another pc and authorized that pc to access the paid for library of songs. Still that didnt' work. Yesterday I was able to burn all the songs to a CD. I sent the songs from the CD to the IPOD and still no music. The screen says "No MP3's found". I bought her an inexpensive MP3 player today to use instead. ( just in case her IPOD is faulty ) Seems that MP3 player also said "No MP3's found" even though I transfered the 180mb of music unto it. My question is what kind of files did I burn on the CD? Can I convert these to MP3's so they can play on the MP3 players? Anyone know a solution to this dilemma? Thanks in advance. Bye now.

If nothing else... "AudioGrabber" will do it for ya.
    You will probably have to play/rip each track though.
    Regards

Is there a tutorial on using AudioGrabber? Doesn't seem straight forward when I tried using it.

Let me start by saying there may be a better way... but I do not know of it. I know this works on any sound coming out of your PC speakers.

Background:
    What you will be doing via "Audio Grabber" is grabbing the audio off of the sound card mux and converting (ripping) to WAV and then MP3. This will most likely degrade the audio compared to other (all digital) methods.

I assume you have downloaded AudioGrabber and one of the MP3 encoders required to run it.

You should setup the MP3 encoder via the menu in audio grabber.
    Settings>MP3 Settings [Here you select the Encoder and it features.. IE- bitrate (sample rate), Stereo.]

You may wish to select some of the features in "Normalize" if your source has varying audio levels. You may also wish to select where the files will be placed via the Settings>General menu.

To grab the audio:
    Select File>Line In Sampling in Audiograbber.
    Play your audio and see if the audio level meters in the audiograbber GUI move with the sound. If the levels need adjustment use the "Mixer button" or adjust your soundcard levels via it own application.

Fill in the desired MP3 filename in the track field and select the record Button in the Audigrabber application. ( File-Line In Sampling)
    Select the stop button in GUI once the track has completed playing.
    Select "Start encoding now" button in GUI, or "Normalize now" (if normalize selected)
    In a moment you will have you Mp3. (watch meter that is there for "no apparent reason...lol)

That is it.
    I am sorry that I have made it sound much more difficult than it actually is...
    Give it a whirl ...poke around the menus in Audiograbber.
    Regards

On the other hand...
    I was under the impression that Itunes are allowed to play on IPODS without all this fuss?? (I don't "do" either product..lol). You may want to get help configuring your IPOD instead.

Well thanks for the help. I was able to download ( finally ) to my little girls IPOD. All her songs transfered. Now I just wonder why they dont play on her MP3. No biggy, she is so happy now that she doesn't even care about her MP3 player. So I will use it for my own music for work and stuff.