Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATI Radeon 2600 Pro Stuttering!!!

ATI Radeon 2600 Pro Stuttering!!!

Ive recently been experiencing problems with my radeon 2600 Pro HD PCI - E, when in windows xp either watchin videos or playing music i get a stuttering problem and poor video playback. It would seem that the videos are jumping and fast forwarding and is out of sync. ive tried everything to solve this problem, i downloaded the latest drivers from ati and even installed the hotfix file from ati.

Does anyone have any idea how i can get around this problem??

thanks

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    Video card is overheating, so remove it and clean all the dust and the like out of the fan housing.

ive cleaned the video card out and inside the case. i ran the computer with the side pannel off, it seems to of improved abit, but the audio still sounds abit crackin at times, ie windows startup and windows close down. The card is about 2 months old aswell as the motherboard. Also i running with an external sound card, (i dont know if it has any conflict with that)

Is there any other drivers is should get??

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You can check the external audio makers website.
    Are you usinf shielded speaker wires?

what do you mean are your usunf shielded speakers wires??

its seem now that when i play a song or a video someone is pressing fastforward on the controls, like when fastforwarding a dvd.

wat conflicts could be making this problem?
    Last edited by sturulez2k06; 04-26-2008 at 08:40 AM.

Have you installed any new codecs, any software or updates lately prior to the problem ? What players have you tried ?

no i havent, ive done a fresh format of the HD then installed windows media player 11, it worked before i done a re-format of the HD, Is there any software that i should install??

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    AH then you have not installed the codecs.

The K-Lite standard pack should take care of you.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...codec_pack.htm

What I use.

ive downloaded, the codecs and installed them put the problem still exisits on a smaller scale.

Have you tried other players yet, such as Winamp, Foobar2000, VLC Player, MediaPlayer Classic , PowerDVD ?

you can download portable VLC and see if that works. just extract and play. Then you'll know if it's your WMP11 or not.

http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable

It is possible anther component is causing the problem like a stick of Ram going bad or the PSU starting to fail. You can eliminate the Ram as a problem by making a full pass of Memtest 86++ if it doesn't throw any errors then it's okay. It helps to eliminate that as a prblem then move on to the next cmponent you can check. If your PSU is not giving the amps to the card, that could cause the problem too.
    Rig 1, MSI K9A2 Platinum, 6400 Blackie, 2 X 2048 AData, MSI 3870; Rig 2, MSI K9A2 CF, 5000 Blackie, 2 X 1024 Patriot PC6400, ATI X1900 XT, Rig 3, Abit AN8 Fatal1ty, Opteron 185, 2 X 1024 Corsair PC3200C2PT ATI X1950 XTX Rig 4 Abit UL8 3800 X850 Pro

the crackling sounds isnt just comin from media player, its from the whole windows enviroment aswell. any beep or sound windows make, it sounds crackling.

is there anything i need to turn off in bios?? or disable? ive turned off the built in sound card

Try this test. Hook your speakers up to your internal sound card and see if you still get the noise(s). If you do, try another set of speakers or headphones. It sounds more like you have a short or a bad line some place.
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com