Thread: a quiet 8600GT?

a quiet 8600GT?

1. i want to know if any of 8600GT will work on this system "Dell Inspiron 530 - Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8MB L2 cache,2.4GHz,1066FSB), "

2. I wonder if there is any quiet 8600GT card, or atleast when my system idle i hope it be quiet, i dont mind if it little loud while playing game (obvious i won't hear it while gaming)..i usually leave my pc on 24/7.. so it really matter when during my study and sleep.
    Leo

Turn your computer off while you're sleeping. You'll save a little on your electric bill, it'll be nice and quiet and your computer will get more chances to purge temp files and process updates.

What operating system are you using on that Dell?
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Vista Premium with 1gb ram. I going to upgrade 2gb more since DDR-2 is cheap. Also a video card..

BTW the 8600GT have 256mb & 512mb,, -- not sure which one is good for the long run,, i hope it can last 3-4yr,,

But i'm not sure if the PSU can handle the video card,
    Last edited by Aznmask; 04-11-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    Leo

Any 8600 should work on that computer; I was making sure the DX10 capability wouldn't be wasted if you had XP. More RAM won't hurt, just remember if you've got the 32-bit Vista it'll only be able to use about 3¼GB of it (system needs will use the rest).

From my experience Dell's PSUs are too tightly matched to their out-of-the-box requirements - they leave little reserve for adding anything. Since either 8600 will probably put a strain on the stock PSU, go for the 512 version and plan on upgrading the PSU as well. It all comes down to your budget...and since you mention studying, you're probably on a student's budget........
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!