Thread: Old Electronics....

Old Electronics....

Well, we have this old Samsung LaserDisc Player, and a few dozen LaserDiscs. My mom's boyfriend wanted me to try firing it up and getting one of them to go. Well, the tray wouldn't eject, so I figured it was jammed. After taking the cover off I found out that the laser was pulled about by a pulley system with a cable, and the cable had come loose. I unplugged it and disassembled it enough to try and reattach the cable, but I was unable to. One end of the cable is covered up by the drive tray.

ANYWAY, I figured I'd ask if anyone knew of a website that might have info that could help me with this task. I can't figure out how to manually eject the drive tray, and I don't know how to safely disassemble it. The thing was built in 1995 so I'm pretty sure it's safe from the Laser rot deal (plus it worked only a few months ago when it was last used).

Right now it's sitting on a table with the cover off. One thing that suprises me is I couldn't find a model number on it anywhere.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

That's a great demonstrative video, but it's not exactly what I needed help with. Luckily this morning I found a space with a gear that was left open to manually eject the disc tray. Under the tray I was able to see the entire pulley system for the laser. Once I get to working on it later it should be good to go in the aspect.

Thanks for the help though.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)