Thread: Consumer Complaining

Consumer Complaining

I posted a problem my neighbor had a few months ago. When the bonehead threw away his COA key to Vista U. The Dell & Microsoft tech supports tossed him back and forth, no one helped and told him to buy a new copy.

Well he wrote both companies and wrote letters to both BBB & Attorney Generals in each state. He got responses, the same yada yada yada they are good at. Dell was sympathetic, but didn't help. He got a email from Microsoft last week, with a new generated COA key for his Vista and offered him help with installation.

I guess the old saying "squeaky wheels, does get them greased", if your willing to be patient enough. I guess the bonehead isn't much of bonehead
    Asus M2N-E, AMD 64 X2 4200, Asus GeForce 9600 GSO, 3GB Kingston DDR2, Seagate IDE 160GB, Maxtor IDE 200GB, Dell 24" E248WFP

He should write a thank-you note to Microsoft. It's not THEIR fault he tossed the COA.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

He did write the tech's supervisor who sent him the new key and thanked his as well. I do have to give him credit! I'm going to have to remember this one...
    Asus M2N-E, AMD 64 X2 4200, Asus GeForce 9600 GSO, 3GB Kingston DDR2, Seagate IDE 160GB, Maxtor IDE 200GB, Dell 24" E248WFP