Thread: Crysis 1.2 patch

Crysis 1.2 patch

http://files.filefront.com/Crysis+v1.../fileinfo.html

Haven't ried this yet but since i had to DL the game all over due to bad first patch, i guess i'lll try this, to see if they fixed wahtever caused the saved game option to freeze up. From the 'read me' notes, looks like they fixed a whole lot of things.

All i can say is; "its about time " LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Who knows... it might even make it playable for those of us not possessing a super computer

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

Ultimate Member
    The developers of Farcry and Crysis must have the absolute worst QA team in history, the only way they don't have the worst QA team is if they don't have a QA team at all, which at this point I wouldn't doubt.

A bit of history lesson. The first patch for Farcry was so bad, that it was actually recalled. The first patch for Crysis, buggier than the original release with people needing to uninstall it to finish the game because otherwise the game would crash at certain parts.

1.2 patch, not much better. Atleast the keyboard lag and stuck keys that were a feature of the 1.1 patch have gone, but other problems have replaced them. Audio is buggy now, seems like every 10th bullet or so is like 5 times louder than the rest. Graphics are buggy, the tires don't even show up on the vehicles sometimes, until I shoot at them, then they suddenly appear, flat of course becuase of the gunshot wound they suffered when it was cloaked.

Crashes are still a problem too, though not as bad. I've ruled out a problem with the PC as the entire system is still responsive, with the exception of the game. I've checked my gpu temps and they are fine, GPU is also not overclocked. My CPU is only lightly overclocked and is prime stable for hours on end.

This game is so bad, I've started giving it away to my friends who are curious about it. I cannot in good conscience let them spend their money on such a thing. To make matters worse, even if Crysis was bug free, it would still suffer from being a crappy game.

Anyone know why Nvidia released drivers for those who downloaded 1.2 patch?

http://www.gamershell.com/news/46304.html
    NVIDIA has released a new set of drivers for those who downloaded the Crysis v1.2 patch. The drivers are available for Windows XP 32/64-bit and Windows Vista 32/64-bit. Thanks: Helmutcheese.
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Ramone. Sorry to hear of your problems. I decided to not try the patch as of yet myself.

Only real issue i've had with the game was the problem i coneyed to CC in P.M., that being, the first freeze level the game caught in a loop at one point, but in all seriousness, i have not had many issues at all 'without patches'.

Don't understand why so much negativity other then patch problems, which i understand can be an issue in itself. I love this game. It looks favulous and the atmosphere and music are superb in my book. Just a fun game to play.

If the game was so bad why would it garner a 9.5 avg. rating on all sites? obvioulsy some or most love the game, as these are from reg. game players like you and me.

I agree tis pretty lame to come out with glitchy patches. No excuse there. i don't understand that one. "forget the stinkin pathces" "we don't need no stinkin patches" LOL

Are those drivers any good for anything else or should i stick with the stable 169.21's?
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I'm not sure about the drivers Rabbit, I may download them tonight and see how it helps, I have to agree with you Rabbit, I like the game, but they did bring it out with some issues, my self now, I haven't had any problems not even with the 1.1 Patch. Guess I'm one of those lucky ones eh
    EVGA GTX 470
    OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3
    EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SLI
    COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832-KKN1-GP Black
    Intel tel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz Quad-Core

Ultimate Member
    No offence rabbit, but your opinion on this game isn't very credible. You've expressed how much you like the game to how much it annoys you to now loving the game once more. No need to reply back with a long winded explanation on your position on the game. This is just "IMO"

I will give the updated drivers a shot though.

LOL Actually since i have more games then anyone here, i'd say it's very credible.

The problem i have is that so many reviewers, ( and i admit at first it seemed quirky only because i was using my old monitor. The WS LCD helps alot and improves visuals immensely ), have too high of expectations or they just do not look at the body of work more closely. Some expected something that thier expectations could not meet. Really TBH and yes IMO its a piece of work. I mean that in a positive way.
    The graphics are outstanding, and my rig is high end but not the highest out there.
    I can play it on 1280 X960 at 2X AA and FPS suffer some but its very playable. more so, with no slowdowns at lower resolutions.
    I've come to like this game due to replaying it alot. Others should do the same. I guess it just fits my style. i love the suit and weapon menus and all the rest fine.

IMO, I wouldn't mess with any of the drivers they released. They should have fixed the first ones, rather then subject those who bought the game to more headaches, or pass it along to someone who knows what thier doing. Most other games patches make things better not worse. LOL

Ultimate Member
    The amount of games you have is completely irrelevant to what we're talking about. Your reviews on this game are erratic, one day you love it, the next you hate it. I don't see how the amount of games you own has any bearing on this discussion. Your opinion on THIS game is not credible IMO for the reasons mentioned. Weather you own one or one million games is not the issue.

Ultimate Member
    There was, to an extent a certain feeling with Far Cry that it was a "Graphics Engine looking for a game" particularly after the introduction of the Trigens, which served to detract from the earlier impressive Mercenary AI and level design.

Crysis suffers for this all the more - looks gorgeous on the surface but lacks the narrative, gameplay or level design to ever really make you want to play it for any reason other than to see what visual treats the engine will spit forth.

Disappointment is one word.

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

Ramone, I hope this is it. now i'm getting irritated. Please..! Your STILL raging about a post i commented on a long time ago. I let that go, now its time for you to do the same pal. And.. how is YOUR opinioon more credible.
    Rather then get on my case, why don't ya jump sjhip some and look at waht other forums or gameplayers think OVERALL.

That is why we all have opinons in this world. I love the game. Guess i'm one of those who just lives with things, and tries to have a good time with what someones hard effords put forth. lol

Jak, please explain some more why you think there is no narrative, or storyline, when to me there seems to be quite a bit here. Level design? Whats ya want? Cake, Ice cream and pudding too?

Well, i guess thats two who don't like the game. Any others? Might as well post them here. I'd hate to waste more space on this sizzling game forum. Not!

Ultimate Member
    Well I can't get over that post because this ties in with that exactly. It's not like we're talking about a different game and I'm still holding a grudge about a post that is totally irrelevant. We are talking about the same game that you couldn't figure out if you loved or hated. Based on that, and based that I've always had the same opinion on this game, that is where I draw the conclusion that your opinion is not credible. This will NOT change, sorry if it irritates you but that's just the way it is. You are absolutely right, we all have opinions, and opinion is that your opinion is useless. You'll just have to accept that that is how I feel.

It seems you have once again missed the point. Just like our going back and forth have nothing to do with the amount of games you own, it has nothing to do with other peoples opinion either. I frequent many forums, Sysopt is probably one I frequent the least in fact so I have a pretty good idea of what the general gaming population thinks of this game, but again that is not the point. The ONLY reason you and I are going back and forth isn't because you like the game and I don't, it's because I think your opinion, as it applies to this game, is useless, and you are taking issue with it and that's really what it's all about. Think about if for a second. Do you really care that I don't like the game? Do I really care that you do like the game? The answer is no for both of those questions. You are just upset because I more or less said that your opinion doesn't matter, I've already stated why several times. If that bothers you, I suggest exiting the thread or putting me on your ignore list, because I don't see myself changing my opinion 180 degrees anytime soon.

Getting back to topic...
    I had downloaded the patch for my Vista rig and had to uninstall and reinstall Crysis as I got the same errors a lot of other people got.
    The sound is weird on it. I do agree with RamonTGP on that I feel like giving this game away....
    After all the mess I fired up COD4 and felt better.
    Dual Vista and XP Pro - Intel Dual Core E6400 -2 GIG DDR2 Ram - Nvidia 8800 GTX - Soundblaster Platinum -
    1 PSU Antec NEO 550 and 1 Generic PSU 300