Thread: So many BSOD

So many BSOD

Ok guys I really need your help. I have Windows XP pro, I've had my computer for probably about 4 years now. And I've been playing WoW for about a year, anyways here's my problem. When I play WoW my game will just quit out for no reason whatsoever. Doesn't matter what I am doing or whats in open in the background it still quits out. So it gave me some error about memory could not be written so I figured I just deal with the problem (since I am buying a new computer soon) so I ran a mem test and that turned up with quite a few errors so I knew my memory was bad. So up until two days ago the problem hadn't been so bad, the game would quit out and the periodic BSOD. But then while I was playing WoW the game quit out. So I did the normal routine of starting it back up but this time when I got to the login screen it quit out again. That was the first time it had ever quit out before. Then I stared it up again and the screen didn't even show up it just gave me the error. So I tried one last time and I got halfway into logging and it quit out. Then my iTunes encounter and error and had to quit then explorer.exe did and I waited for my computer to stop destorying itself. And finally I move my mouse and my old friend the BSOD showed up with a nice error. Now since this episode my computer has been horrible. It shuts down the BSOD shows up and I restart. So I then ran a memtest, actually 5 different mem tests and all passed. So I then ran two in-depth hard drive tests, no errors. And now I have no idea. These are the BSOD errors I can remember:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    POOL_HEADER CORRUPT
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    Those are the basic then I start to get .sys file errors:
    ntfs.sys
    usbport.sys
    ati3.dll
    Now these are everyday events and I can hardly stand it. I have replaced the memory just in case and still BSOD. And when I play WoW it doesn't quit out it just gives me the BSOD. So my dad and I have either narrowed it down to PSU or overheating. But my case stays pretty cool. My CPU stays in the 34C-37C area. I believe that is more than cool. Also as I was swapping the memory yesterday the PSU on and off switch (the one that has 1 and 0 printed on it) wouldn't stay off. I would switch it off and it would switch back to on. So please give me any suggestions.
    Here are my specs:
    P4 3.20Ghz
    2Gb DDR2 PC2100
    250gig hard drive
    550watt power supply
    ATI X1600 Pro video card
    Thanks
    -BTY
    Dear Diary,
    Jackpot!
    -Quagmire

The last time I encounted that problem it was caused by bad capacitors on the motherboard's memory circuit. You know how to check for bad capacitors, right?

Not 100% sure, I believe the last time I found one of those I had to open up my PSU to see the blown capacitor. So should I just open my case and check the mobo for a blown capacitor.
    -BTY
    Dear Diary,
    Jackpot!
    -Quagmire

MS MCP, MCSE

Did you run a hard drive diag yet? Bad sectors can corrupt files, causing BSODs