Thread: recent periodic error messages from windows OS... explain?

recent periodic error messages from windows OS... explain?

For purposes of recent history, about a week ago i had to do a small repair install of XP Pro, to fix a bottup issue and it worked fine. Since then i have gotten a few, not many error messages from windows to run 'chkdsk', to fix some errors, and just now when opening IE, i noticed it was hanging a bit, and right after i closed the browser, i get a long number string error message ( yellow triangle ) appearing in right startup bar.
    I ran chkdsk and a whole slew of strings or files flashed by in the menu vertical dos page, and then went away, which i hope fixed the issue.

What sorta bothers me is that for the last two or three days I have gotten at least one of these. It gets fixed by running checkdisk, each time, but why id this happening all the time lately? I'm lost.

I haven't been doing anything much on my computer to cause these, and have not installed much either. just reinstalled a game last night.

Also, even though i ran a post about this, i am having a hard time understanding why wondows is not shutting down sooner. 80 secs. is just rediculous. I go ahead and push reboot from case. Bootup is OK. ( i already ran some of the fixes for this and even with reg. changes i made as described, nothing changed.

Don't worry its time i ran a total AV scan and also i will run my antispyware porgram also, after this post. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Am currently runnng my AV programs.. While doing that i wanted to look at something on the IE and right after that one of the same error messages showed up again. I ran chkdsk once more , and it listed and fixed even more strings corrupted then previous. Thats like three times i ran this in less then a few hours, without even doing anything on my computer. Obvioulsy i gots some worm, bug or virus somewhere.

So far both programs AGV and Avira haven't found anything of note and half way done with system check.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    I would backup your important data to CD/DVD tomorrow, then buy a new hard drive. That one is on its way south.

Run the Seatools utility from the UBCD for Windows disk.

Appreciate your input as always Sterling. Why do ya think the whole HD is goin out? I don't understand. I know form the past couple of weeks i've posted some issues, but really, my system runs fine. I've had this HD for about five years.

I'll try and run that program at once.. thks or that. Speaking of DVD's, i'm gonna get some more tomorrow anyway, so?

If things get bad for some reason in the near future, like this coming week, i just may re-install windows and backup important data, and possibly get another HD, but this month is gonna be tight later on. I'll run this by my friend who has a car, and i'll see later on tonight. He's such a nice guy , that when i told him about my wanting a new video card sometime soon, he wanted to know if i gave him mine and used it on my old board, then he could get me that 9600GT i want. I asked him why he wanted to do that? he should just go out and get one himself for less then $90.00. or even a better one. he's using an older AGP board, and wants to lay 'Crysis'. I told him i wanted my old P 4 board back and CPU, which is a classic. he'll get a much better system that will be able to run most new games out today. it has my old dual core CPU on it.

Oviously, i like livin on th edge, or just plain stupid as a cluck.