Thread: Need a host...

Need a host...

I shutter to think that I would ever post such a posting for a website hosting company but nonetheless. There are just waaaaaaaay to many of them out there nowadays. I've done searches on Google for hosting review sites and that usually is tooooooo superfluous with information. I've hosted many sites in the past with companies like Godaddy(still using), Concentric, Earthlink, Hostway, and Ipowerweb. My sites usually require unix, typical script access, shared hosting (due to cost), control panel, etc.... many other features.

2 questions:
    What site do you use to compare hosting companies?
    Should I stay with Godaddy or choose another host with more features?

www.heyjoojoo.com
    www.canterburysch.com
    www.hilltopcommunitychurch.com
    www.thebridgeberkeley.org

Kareem

Dell Inspiron 15, 7559 || Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz || Windows 10 Home || 16GHz DDR || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M || WD 1TB 7200, N.2 SSD 500GB

Thats one of the tricky things about hosts; there are so many that its hard to find a good one. My last hosts pretty much dissapeared of the face of the earth, you can guess I wasn't too please about that.

The host I'm with now so far is pretty good. They are mainly aim at the .Net side of thingsbut I'm pretty sure they support php/mysql/cgi etc and I deiniftly know they suppport .Net 1.1-3.5 and ASP.Net/AJAX and MSSQL.

They may seem abit more expensive than some but you pay for quality .

By the way the database size is limited to your storage size, which I think is fantastic.

www.ultimahosts.com

Do some research before you dive into a host though.

Good luck
    Tony
    Last edited by Tony2005; 03-25-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    "I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness"

If you want hard core/serious $250 per month and Way Up - you get the whole machine - go here:

http://www.theplanet.com/

My company leases five server from them to host accounting SQL databases for our clients.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."