Thread: IE7 and scrolling stopping

IE7 and scrolling stopping

Why does IE7 stop the scrolling capability? This is the scrolling with the up and down arrows keys on the keyboard.
    Say when you click on a new link in the browser that opens up a new browser and then you close this new browser, the original browser will not scroll any more.

Sometimes I refresh the screen and it will begin to scroll again but that is rare.

I try to click somewhere on the website to get the scroll to start again but most of the time it does not scroll.

What gives? What is the way to get it back to keyboard arrow scrolling?

Btw, I have had this problem on laptops with touchpads with IE7.

IE6 never had this problem.
    Thanks for your response.

I have never been able to use the arrows for scrolling. I have always used the page up/down keys.

You maybe able to use the "cursor keys" Accessibility feature to do this.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    If you click the page, then the arrow keys work. Not until!

I am on the Internet 6 hours a day, everyday. I have three Dell laptopswith touchpads. If you are in a Browser(!E7) and you click on a link from my email like I did here with Sysopt, I get another browser and it will scroll with my up and down or my Page up, page down. If I shuttle back to my email the scroll is not there any more. I hit the touchpad, nothing, I keep the cursor on the page and hit the left or right button, nothing, Enter, nothing, tab, nothing, anything, nothing, Refresh the screen, nothing, F5, nothing. It does not scroll any more. Esc, nothing. There is no more scroll on my first browser.

I ain't the only fool that has this problem.
    3 Laptops
    Same Browser.

Each doing the same. The scroll gets killed.

Now if I kill the second browser, then the first browser with the orginal email will scroll but both browsers will not scroll if I switch back and forth between them.

IE6 did not do this.

Maybe there is a tweak.

Found the tweak. If I toggle back to the first browser and doubleclick on the blue headerbar at the top with has no name, the first browser will become full size and then both Browsers will then scroll.