Thread: Problems loading game

Problems loading game

My brother recently got this laptop and I reformatted it and reinstalled windows for him since it was a used computer. I downloaded all the drivers off the website for it. I got him this Turkey Hunting 3D game for christmas and when he tries to load it, it will have the opening screen, then it tries to load the next screen and the game crashes. The event ID is 1000 I believe. I'm not at the computer right now but let me know what other information you could use and I'll get it for you when I get on it. Thanks!

First check the requirements on the game itself. And it would help if you give some information on the specs of the laptop. First, did you did you completely uninstall the game and tried re-installing it? It has worked for me once in awhile. Also check if there's a update for the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guille_Expat
    First check the requirements on the game itself. And it would help if you give some information on the specs of the laptop. First, did you did you completely uninstall the game and tried re-installing it? It has worked for me once in awhile. Also check if there's a update for the game as well.
    Hey thanks for the response,

Again I'm not at the laptop but I can tell you the laptop specs are well above the game requirements. The game is like 10 years old. The laptop has I believe around 2ghz, 768mb ram, and Windows XP Home.

I did try uninstalling it and reinstalling it without any luck. Also I installed it on another computer and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdifiedgeek
    The game is like 10 years old.
    What OS does the game say it requires? Maybe it won't play on Win XP. Been there before.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    What OS does the game say it requires? Maybe it won't play on Win XP. Been there before.
    I thought that too, but that's why I tested it on another computer that had XP on it. It worked fine

Could be just a reinstall problem, unistall the game then run a registry cleaner. Try reinstalling it and see if it work becuase a lot of time people uninstall a program but registry keys are still there and usually reinstalling won't fix the problem when the registry keys are still there. So it is very important that you run some kind of registry cleaner.
    -BTY
    Dear Diary,
    Jackpot!
    -Quagmire