Thread: New build help please

New build help please

So I put it all together...new MB, Processor, ram, and old sata drive. MB has no OBG. started itup and it of course wants the system disk. when I put it in it did nothing. I suppose it somehow was not set in the bios correctly....although that is not usually the case. anyway.......i turned it off, and restarted it, and now I get NOTHING at all.......and no beeps from the MB.

Looking for ideas. BTW I did my other build yesterday, and it went very smoothly!!! That's my luck I guess.

OK...........nevermind........I yanked out the CMOS battery and..... wahla!!!!!

I'm learning!!!!!!!

As an aside, the French pronunciation for voilĂ* is "wahla". I think that's what you meant. It may help you to avert a future "fo pah" (faux pas).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voila

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faux_pas
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    As an aside, the French pronunciation for voilĂ* is "wahla". I think that's what you meant.

Yes.....that is what I meant.....and what I said......didn't I......I mean that is what I wrote anyway~! I mis-spelled it a little......but WTH!

Just giving you a boost. Would I be a better pal if I let you look foolish once - or many times?

It's called "constructive criticism".
    MS MCP, MCSE

Sorry......I'm not taking offense.....I just don't see what was foolish about "walah".....or as you pointed out "there", or "see".............

"VoilĂ*! (IPA: [vwala], approximately vwa-lah or wa-lah) is a French interjection roughly equivalent to "See!" or "There!".

I'm just trying to understand what would have been a better option. I know nothing about French! I like all my internet pals BTW. Just having some dialog with ya.

So, voila my friend.

What's wonderful about voilĂ* is that it's easier to say and write than "there you have it".
    MS MCP, MCSE