Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry help

Far Cry help

Okay, this game may be a little old. My old laptop couldn't handle the demo I had, so I never bought it. I saw it at my local electronics store for $19.00. So I bought it, game is awesome.

Here's the problem. I'm having problems with the boat scenario, trying to take down Crow in the helo. I've tried going to the front, like Jack says to do. I've tried swimming to island and hiding behind the palm trees. But I lose my body armor in the water after the explosion? I figured fighting Crow from the front is my best bet. But nada!

I'm stuck and frustrated on how to get past this mission.

Any advice from someone who's played the game.

after the bomb explodes, i think you need to run towards the back of the ship and go to the top of the ship and use the mast as cover.

hey thanks for the tip Midknyte,

I didn't think of that! I'll give it a try, I mean it cant hurt

time for some far cry again.

You can't actually kill crow here. Best bet is go to the front, shoot as much as possible at the chopper to get it smoking and it'll leave, exploding a ways off. Going anywhere but the front of the boat loses your armor and probably your life.

I have a god mode cheat, makes it really easy, LOL I have actually completed the game without cheats though, it's tough as hell that way.

Thats a sticky part alright. I always have some trouble no matter how many times i replay that part. MK is right. Go to the front of the boat... in a few secs. you'll hear crow swearing " your toast", and use the masts of the lower bulhead supports, and move around them and shoot s you go. Your health will get hit pretty good if he even hits you a few times, so use the rifle that shoots rockets, and teh bazooka . Just a matter of damage oto the heilo. Your time is limited, as the ship will go down in a few minutes. One trick is when using any weapons that shots rockets or bombs, you have to aim in front of where your shooting, as he will move when yu shoot.. ( helio ).
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Hey thanks for the tips. i had to give it a break and regroup. i started Call of Duty 4 after I bought it as Xmas gift to me. But now I want to finish Far Cry before I get it into COD. And I don't want to use cheats. It's been tough!!, but I'm doing it.

Yeah I tried a lot of scenarios even swimming away. but lost armor. Hey thanks for the tip on the rocket. I was getting frustrated why my rockets were not connecting! Now I'm just to keep firing at the helo.

Wait'll you get to the next scene. Good luck

I'm still trying to finish this boat mission, very frustrating! But I'm not giving up!

To give ya some hope... I replayed that level like twenty times or more the first time i tried it, and gave up. Coming back later is best.. You'll get it. just stay behind the front boat structures... ( i picked the one on the left most as your looking forward because its easy to hide around and move. LOL ), and try not to let him shoot at you depleting your health. Cover and when he moves, dodge out and shoot him with rocket launcher. Shooting with the scopre rifle that shoots rockets works even if its only the first mode. As long s it takes damage it will goo down. When the boat starts to sink, don't panic but shoot some more and hide wherever.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I got thru the Boat level, that was a pain! Your right Leprechaun the Catacombs is wild. This is going to be a hair raiser as well! Right now I don't seem to be having any luck protecting Val!

The game CAN be exasperating... Funny you should post this becasue i just re-installed the game today... Kind of one of those... 'new OS', load FarCry kind of thing. I gots like tons of games ot keep me busy.. most far newer then this..LOL

if ya need any more clues then just PM me anytime...

I know what you mean, this game is like that! if i keep getting blown away trying to keep Val alive in this part. I'll PM you. Leprechaun was right when he said "good luck"...LOL

Are you at the Library yet?? The part i hated the most ( or one of the most difficult for beginners ), was when you have to rescue her, after you complete this whole level in the building shes at. Its the part where you flood the whole area, and swim up through the ceiling grating. Seems easy enough at first, but its just a pain having to do it all over each time... The crawling in the vent shaft takes forever....lol
    hint: be sure and use nightvison only when you come to the door where the TWO trigents are inside.

Actually I just got thru finishing the Factory level, two flippen days to get thru this one. Then I'm thrown out of a helo and land on some island with no weapons. And fighting these mutants with barehands is no help. Hmm maybe I shouldn't have jumped over the water fall running away from the first mutant I saw. Oh this is going to be fun!! I can already tell!

funny you mention it, but thats exactly waht yuor supposed to do...JUMP! You will land in the water swimming upstream. Just go with the flow and don't worry so much about the mercs and trigents on land. They hate water. Swim under the water here and there if ya like and when you get to land on right side ( look for this ),you'll see some merc fights going on. Hide in the bushes on right and then run like H past him as far forward as you can...past gate. just use dodge and run.. he'll miss ya mostly. When you get to this point inside, the level will change...

Your now near the last three levels. This next mission is a doosy. yur of in the jeep over the bridge with fire and lava spouting out. Veer towards left pst bridge, the up the slopeslow to crawl. use the rockets in the jeep mode, and hit both mrecs from a distance. What i did was just run them over and move on down the line.,where another merc awaits. Now look over yonder and up on the hill rise around left top is a log spanning the crevice. You have to run over that and jump onto the grassy knoll... About ten yards ahead is a small guard station with health and sniper rifle.

good luck son.., your gonna need it.. LOL