Thread: Stalker.. what an improvement.. wowie!

Stalker.. what an improvement.. wowie!

Been quite a long time now, since I or we posted anything about this game. When i last posted some time ago, i had the usaul issues alot if not most had with the FPS, and other.. Kind of crawled.. which ws an understatement. At that time, I had it updated to version 1.03, but still it only helped a little. Also, back then I was playing on my previous system.

Now, with this new system, and updated to version 1.04, the game just literally flys.... and i mean full speed. What difference. I guess i'll be playing this game alot more, even though i have quite a few loaded to play on my rig right now. LOL

P.S. Wonder why there hasn't been anything posted here in this section with all the new games out and all.. Must be ya all have more important things to do.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Glad you enjoy it, but check out the latest patch, they are up to 1.0005.

I haven't been posting because I've been too busy playing the new games! Need For Speed: ProStreet, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, Call of Duty 4, Crysis, Guitar Hero III, Team Fortress 2, just to name a few.

And I thoughti I was the 'gamer' of gamers... LOL Yeah, I was'nt expecting that much improvement to be honest. What i played previoulsy of the game , i did enjoy. One of the most atmospheric and mysterious games i've ever played..

I want to get and play the full 'Crysis' so bad. The demo played exceptional. No lags or at least very decent FPS for my card. With my new upgrade, all my games play faster, load faster, exit faster and all the rest.
    I'd really like to get and play the second installement of the HL2 Ep. 2. I will eventually. Not any money for games. I'm getting a new 'Sata' drive, and have decided I need that new mouse. Going to get the G7. it should work fine and be a bit faster then my MX-700 by Logitech. LOL
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 12-01-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Told you didnt i

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

Not to be negative , but i still get irritated with this game. There are all sorts of shooter or FPS gamers out there, and for some reason, this game reacts very badly in the way the weapons operate. Kind of like playing at three quarter speed and typ. good aim kills are fewer then in most games. I suppose they made this particular game this way for a reason, mainly typ. harder to kill, improves gameplay scenario. I just wish these game makers would be realistic but not rediculous. IMO

Haven't even played it again for a month not long after i wrote this post. Played up till i'm real close to finding my contact near the underground tunnel. I'm sure i'll get he urge to play it again, as i'm stubborn and would like to complete a game, rather then wonder and give up. Coming back later works most of the time for frustrations i find.

I've got five of the latest and best out there, and it is like 20th on my list of games to get back to. Real real close to completing 'Crysis', as i take my time and play some of this and some of that. keeps it all interesting.

After all my quibbling about 'Crysis', I do believe, putting all criticisms aside, that it is pretty spectacular in way of graphics, geography modeling, and all the rest. Game effects ,esp. at the end levels are impressive. About the best i've seen in a game. I think they wanted it to look and react like a state of the art movie. Comes close LOL
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 12-29-2007 at 09:25 PM.