Thread: Are Spybot, Ad-aware, and SpywareBlaster 100% compatible with Vista yet?

Are Spybot, Ad-aware, and SpywareBlaster 100% compatible with Vista yet?

I remember a buddy of mine a while back installed Ad-aware, Spybot, and SpywareBlaster on his Vista system to clean it up. He also installed other items, including a Logitech webcam that was not compatible with Vista yet, apparently (this was a few months back).

After everything was installed, it had a hard time shutting down. So, he did some research and found that the webcam was not really compatible with Vista at the time. So, he uninstalled those drivers. It still had the problem after that. Not sure what he did after that.

Are all of these programs 100% compatible with Vista now? If not, what programs would you suggest using to take their place?

I use Ad-aware 2007 on my Vista machines.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

SpyBot and Spyblaster works good in Vista

why?

are you having problems?
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

None of those programs are that great. I'd go with Counterspy or Spysweeper.

I agree with Midknyte.

They are second rate as is Defender.

CounterSpy is the best with over 2 million infections detectable and removable in its signature database. I gave them 25,000 pre-2005 infections that they didn’t have in 2006

the problem is both of them are PAID software, and the ones mentioned are FREEwares.

so it's as good as it gets, for Free-bies goes.

as they say, you get what you "paid" for
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Very true AG.

For me I would rather get superior protection and pay for it than have an substandard programs that promise more that they really can.

CounterSpy isn't even that much. It has a cost-effective 3-year plan too. All software is updated free and all signature and white lists etc are free to. It's a no brainer.

I wonder with the posts relating to disasters that have been going on for years whether members here are that smart or take the advice I and other spend hours writing about.

Members here sure make some dumb choices and get themselves in all sorts of trouble, e.g., infections and data lost or two.

I won’t be frequently Sysopt.com for much longer.

So if you do not here from me, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and New Year, and every success.