Thread: endless world of warcraft problem

endless world of warcraft problem

OKAY.. I have been going nuts over this issue for weeks..

OKay so I was playing WOW the other day and i realized that my frames were stuttering and my framerate was low, this was after friend came over and i was on his computer for a bit and it seemed so much more smooth than mine even though it was not even close to the gaming power.

OKAY

so my specs
    amd64 dual core 4200+
    2gig DDR2 800
    MSI nvidia 7900 GTO SLI compatible though im not running SLI
    SAMSUNG 400G HD
    ROSEWILL 480W PS
    BIOSTAR TFORCE 4 AM2 MOBO

anyway I can run game on 1600 By 1200 and get about 18-20 frames, ALL settings all the way up...

Then i Turn my settings all the way down and go 800 by 600 and my frames are the exact same.. about 18-20
    sometimes frames jump higher for a sec and sometimes way lower..

my screen stutters a lot evne if my frames are around 30...

ANY HELP IS SO APPRECIATED.. IM GOING NUTS.

Forgot to mention.. I was just wondering if im crazy for thinking that my system should run a lot better than this.. and that I have tried every NVIDIA driver it seems and that some have worked a lot better even though my framerate didnt go up much, with the one that worked kinda (i dont remember which) it started screen tearing and flickering in game.

thanks in advance guys, i hope i gave enough info
    Last edited by bunjermen; 12-04-2007 at 02:21 AM.

Did you ever download and run the AMD dualcore optimizer?
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

What operating system are you running? I found that with vista, my 2gigs was not quite enough ram for games. I bumped it up to 4 gigs (even though Vista 32 only registers about 3.2gig) it has made all the difference. I have no more problems and games seem to run faster.

If you're running xp, then try the AMD dual core optimizer. Apparently that is not needed if you have vista, as it is already built in.
    Two Crazy Ducks Hosting - Windows shared web hosting

I have ran the optimizer, I heard their were special ways to install that and the microsoft hotfix.

I am running XP Pro

It really does seem like a cpu issue though.

Do you think it could be gcard hardware because with some drivers i get artifacts and dead pixels.

this is soo weird.. I still have not tried another game but wow is soo CHOPPY

I have no spyware or anything im so confused.

CPUs don't usually cause graphics problems. You could be underpowered (you do have any 4- or 6-pin power connectors attached to that card as required, right?) or your settings could be off. I found this rooting around Google: (from Wikipedia, consider the source)
    GeForce 7900 GTO

The 7900 GTO is a close cousin of the 7900 GTX. The GTO first arrived at a handful of retailers around October 1, 2006. At the time of launch, GTO boards sold for around USD $250, compared to the 7900 GTX boards that cost in excess of $400 at the time. The GTO was essentially identical to the GTX, with the exception that it lacked HDCP and VIVO support, had underclocked memory running at 1320 MHz, and used tighter memory timings. Other than that, the two boards were identical: same PCB, same cooler, same GPU. The GTO used extremely fast 1.1ns Samsung BJ11 GDDR3 memory running at 1.8V, as opposed to the 2.1V it is rated at. Clock speeds on the two cards are identical, at 650 MHz. At stock memory speeds, most comparisons found the GTO to lag behind the GTX by roughly a 5-10% margin.

The majority of owners find that their GTO will overclock to 1600 MHz memory speeds, despite the under-volted RAM. Many flash their GTO to a GTX BIOS to officially make it a GTX. GTO owners having trouble reaching GTX speeds with BIOS version 5.71.22.39.13 or newer are advised to simply flash to an older BIOS version such as 5.71.22.39.08, this seems to solve overclocking problems for most users.

The GTO was an extremely popular card among enthusiasts as it offered near GTX performance at a considerably lower price. It was a limited production card aimed at cleaning out G70 inventories before the release of the G80, and only spent about a month in retail channels before selling out.
    You could try boosting the graphics voltage in the BIOS to eliminate the artifacts. You could also try other stuff, but that's entirely your decision to make.
    Last edited by Lgbpop; 12-04-2007 at 05:02 PM.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

the power connector is plugged in. Should i flash my Gcard? i did not know you could do that.

Its really weird, right now graphics have no tearing, no artifcats, but i get about 15-20 fps in wow..

Am i crazy to think that it should be a lot faster than that? and the fact that turning down settings doesnt make it any faster?

What voltage should my card be at? im not much of an OC person

I had the same problem a bit ago. I ended up just using the WoW repair and that didn't fix it. So I repaired again and left the game for about 1 week or so. I ran all my anti-virus, spybot, ad-aware, regcleaner and System mechanic and then waited about 5 days and started it up. Didn't have a problem after that.
    -BTY
    Dear Diary,
    Jackpot!
    -Quagmire

maybe ISP / bandwidth LAG?
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5