Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Back up your PC for disaster recovery

What tools or software do you consider essential for optimizing system performance in addition to backup strategies?

I basically only run Windows Defender. (actually let it automatically run) And about once a month I manually run Malwarebytes.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Ultimate Member

Now i know my main Capacitor Plague Mainboard was build 2009 GA-7N400 Pro2

Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    Its just that the Gigabyte/Core 2 Duo/Win7 system I built 4 years has been absolutely bulletproof the entire time. That is, most definitely, a record. I can see it lasting at least 3 more, but I'm getting the itch again...

Plus the option to install a dualboot for ramdisk-installaton. See Ramdisk-threat.
    Really thought my Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 was older. 2009-2018 for 9 years til Capacitor Plague. Winxp only
    Have a thread about Capacitor Plague. ee my thread on june 2018 about nonworking PSU and Capacitor Plague now in title.
    It still ran with winxp but half-dead and slooow on internet despite right browser and settings.
    its still outside case but will leave it alone. i already checked how long it was working. will not deepen that here.
    s
    strong nerves a lot of time and knowledge needed to understand what i was trying to find out. worked on that for 3 weeks till revived partly. also winxp/Win7-ASRock with same illness same time i found out.
    yes also struggled with all these backup tools. and it was lately always about cloning bootable systemdrives. lot of secrets. was around 2018 the capacitor plague year here.
    Last edited by europanorama; 01-02-2024 at 04:53 PM.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama View Post
    if he is reading this in heaven: i liked the short win7- moments i was on my old asrock alive dual esata 2 until capacitor plague hit me mid 2018 also on ga-7N400 Pro 2 where i am still now with winxp and palemoon/newmoon 27 SSE and two other browsers. win7 not working since SSE-processor. I am now on netbook acer spin 1-111. win10s/edge. Swift 5 i7 coming this week.
    CORRECTED Acer Ultrabook to Swift 5 i7 version. see also thread about new desasters on the 5.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryclea View Post
    What tools or software do you consider essential for optimizing system performance in agddition to backup strategies?
    Glary Utilities paid version here(not needed)-for multiple pcs-not smartphones. dont use deepscanning. may be risky.
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch