Thread: Fried mobo?

Fried mobo?

i believe i fried either my mobo or maybe the processor. i have an asus a8v-e se mobo and amd athalon x2 dual core 3800+ processor with a 330w power supply (i have a feeling the psu is to small and may have caused this problem)and what happened was i was hooking up my sisters hard drive as a slave to my comp and i could never start it after doing so. ive checked the ram in another comp and thats not the problem. ive also ruled out the video card as the problem. so i need help determining if its my mobo or processor that is fried. thanks in advance and i hope i can be helped
    Last edited by askaterguy; 10-15-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Welcome to Sysopt !

Have you determined if the psu is working ? Any signs of life when you try to power on ?

ya the psu works teh green light on teh mobo goes on and so do the case lights also the fan for the processor spins

Reseat all your connections and pci cards . If that doesn't help , then you will need to minimize the components needed to POST . Afterwards, its a matter of elimination .

Disconnect and remove everything from the mobo except the following , cpu w/hsf , 1 stick of ram , vga card , monitor , keyboard and psu . Use a screw driver or ball point pin and momentarily touch the case power switch pins on the mobo header to power on the system . If the pc will not POST on the monitor , then one of the remaining components is bad . Your only choice here is the test them in a working system or try known good parts .

Please look the mobo, psu and vga card over very carefully for any bad caps . http://www.badcaps.net/ident/